has h-d ever won any races in the ama or whereever
they race those things????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2001, 01:41 PM

I think so way back.... ???
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 09:39 AM

Thumbs up Harley racing

if i remember right harley made a 125 bike for racing back in the days of dirt ovals. I think they only ran for a season but never lost a race. it was harleys first adventure into the world of racing and decided to give it up after the first season hence their unbelieveable record. a very few number of these bikes were made and i think they were manufactured over seas. I met a harley collector who has one that has never been turned over (so he claims). i wasn't impressed. it looked like any old dirt bike i've ever seen.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 10:48 AM

Ummm...

You don't follow Flattrack Racing do you.

Can you say "DOMINATE?"
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 10:53 AM
Squidwannabe

They made a 250 ... but If I remember correctly it was powered by rotax ?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2001, 11:09 AM

Cool

yea don't try and quote what i said as fact, my brain is clogged with malted hops and bong resin. no i don't know dick about flat track racing. i just got the speedvision channel a week ago so my knowledge is soon to be growing in all areas of racing. if it goes fast and looks cool i'll watch it. we just got a race track near my city in the last couple of years but support is very low and they may close soon....anyways about the harley's record, do they still run? and if they are so damn good why can't they give the Buell team any decent support?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2001, 09:39 AM
Pete

Quote:
Originally posted by Nappyboy
and if they are so damn good why can't they give the Buell team any decent support?
With the lack of connection between Buell and HD's road racing program, what makes you think there would be more of a connection between HD's dirt racing program and Buell?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2001, 10:02 AM

Daytona 2001 H-D would have taken 5th if their engine didnt crap out and blow up
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2001, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Motoman80
if
Yeah, well, I could win the AMA superbike on my 900SS if I wasn't so slow, if it wasn't so slow, if I wasn't scared to hit full steering lock under power out of a turn, and if my hemorhoids didn't prevent me from sliding around on my bike like they do!

Actually I was very disappointed to see it break down, but wasn't suprised. More suprised to see it running so well for so long!

Last edited by funksouljon; 05-07-2001 at 03:28 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2001, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pete

With the lack of connection between Buell and HD's road racing program, what makes you think there would be more of a connection between HD's dirt racing program and Buell?
i was speaking in more of a general term between the two not just directly from dirt to street. i would hope for something like a big brother (HD) looking out for little brother (Buell). But i guess that's all part of the harley i'm-too-good-for-everyone-else-even-my-own-little-brother mystique. which is a damn shame as i feel the buell is one of the easiest to ride bikes i've ever been on. and not a bad looker either, but podiums sell bikes..... is the engineering of the two bikes make them so different that transfering any technology is not even an option?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode