03/03/01 - Questions about riding your bike to work? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-03-2001, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Arrow

Do you ride your bike to work? If so, how far is it? If you ride to work, do you do it for enjoyment or because the bike is your only transportation? Is there a safe place at work for you to park?

I work at home, so I don't ride to work. If I'd had a bike back when I worked outside the home, I probably would have ridden it to work for enjoyment as long as there was a safe place to park it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-03-2001, 01:38 PM

I will ride my bike to work for pleasure.

I thought I was going to have to start to ride everyday not too long ago. It didn't seem like it would be fun anymore. Glad I don't have too.

Work is about 50 miles one way, and it's almost all straight.
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-03-2001, 02:41 PM

Cool

work is only 8 mile away. If it nice out and on saturday i ride , they have place to park that cover but it only hold 10 bikes mon - fri. it fill-up with damm H-D.

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-03-2001, 05:02 PM

i work grave yard shift so it's seasonal. yes i do ride it all summer. i enloy the ride plus it helps my budget with gas prices. working my shift i have many places to park. i usualy park on the covered sidewalk next to the office. i travel about 5 miles each way.
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-03-2001, 05:19 PM
Dad

Talking

If I ride, I won't go to work.
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-03-2001, 07:43 PM

Smile

I usually only get to ride to work on Fridays. I have to wear a suit everday to work except Fridays which I have declared dress down day!!
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-03-2001, 10:39 PM

If the weather is good (no rain) and the temp. is 50F or above I will ALWAYS ride to work. Its just over 20 miles one way and it's all freeway riding, but at least its riding and I dont have to sit in traffic ever.

I got really lucky with the parking. Not only am I inside a guarded facility, but I have a covered parking spot right outside our station. I still throw a sheet over the bike to keep the dust and stuff off my bike. Needless to say, with my bike living in a garage at home, my ride stays very nice.
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 06:03 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i never ride to work. i travel a lot for a living and a suitcase isn't easy to cary on a bike.

when i was in college i would take the bike to work and school. it was cool. i could park my bike in the shop and the harley guys would give me grief. my one boss hated it and he'd tell me to move it. so i would. i'd take it on some twisties, go home and get the car.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 06:39 AM

I used to commute on the bike everyday 40 miles roundtrip in all kinds of weather. Parked the bike in a parking garage. Now I only ride it when I feel like I need to ...its nice...I no longer dread going out to the bike in the morning and starting her up. It go old riding it everyday in the 110 d weather....

Not to mention the wear-and-tear on the bike...gets damn expensive.
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 03:44 PM

I only live about two miles from the office and used to ride whenever I could, but it caused problems. Working shift-work I'd get off around 3am and ride for about an hour. Then I would be so pumped when I got home I couldn't sleep. There are a couple guys that ride to work, so we schedule days to go for the 4am cruises. It's great going out at that time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode