easy one.... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2001, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

What bike did Honda build in limited production that had eight valves per cylinder? Yes it is a street bike that anyone with enough $$$ may have been able to buy and ride if you were quick to the list...what American mag did a test on one that was borrowed from a private owner?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2001, 06:11 PM

NR750?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2001, 06:15 PM

...If so, it's a trick question- the NR didn't have "cylinders", it had "oval holes".

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Smile Correct..

Yep, NR750. I didn't think about the "cylinder" aspect, but still correct. So which mag did the test?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 05:15 PM

You got me there- every time I move I tearfully dispose of the mountain of back issues I've collected.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
...If so, it's a trick question- the NR didn't have "cylinders", it had "oval holes".
Not sure of the definition of oval but the shape was alot like that of a Spam can(not even a traditional oval). Tristan should be able to relate to that... he has six inches of Spam between his ears.

I believe the Brit mag SuperBike tested one a few years back and maybe Roadracing World but not sure on either.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RCjohn
Tristan should be able to relate to that... he has six inches of Spam between his ears.
[/B]
I was just about to reply with a witty "spam between the cheeks" comment when I was overcome by the smell of bacon in a nearby cubicle. Mmmmmm...baconnnnn
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 02:58 PM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
Quote:
Originally posted by RCjohn
Tristan should be able to relate to that... he has six inches of Spam between his ears.
I was just about to reply with a witty "spam between the cheeks" comment when I was overcome by the smell of bacon in a nearby cubicle. Mmmmmm...baconnnnn [/B]
Go salt your pork!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 03:50 AM
Pete

Quote:
Originally posted by tech32
what American mag did a test on one that was borrowed from a private owner?
Hustler?

There's a guy here in the office with a picture on his wall of him sitting on a NR750, that he got to take for a little test ride. IMO, that bike is sweet eye candy.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Cool

Yes, it is a beautiful bike. I believe I still have the issue that the bike is featured in. It shows the bike at various angles, as well as the engine disassembled. It was fuel injected, a v4 I think. The magazine was Cycle World. I'll try to find the issue soon and see what all it said.
So, how about another simple question?
What did the NR stand for? Not official by any means, it was just a slur that started somewhere, like calling it Nitrous Ripper...so what do you think it's nickname was for a while? Oh, I don't know about Hustler, and I find it hard to believe that anyone would lend out that bike! Not me, no sir! I think it went for about 60k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode