Here's some trivia .... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 10:59 AM
Squidwannabe

Talking

You are cruising along a 2-lane road. Ahead in the distance you see a truck passing another truck. Neither of you have time to stop, What do you do ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 11:51 AM
Pete

Am I in a state where it is legal to split lanes?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 01:02 PM
Squidwannabe

I dunno Pete ? Are You ? ... Would you really split two semi's ? Lets pretend There's not enough room... No To make things interesting , Its REALLY windy!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Squidwannabe
You are cruising along a 2-lane road. Ahead in the distance you see a truck passing another truck. Neither of you have time to stop, What do you do ?
Take to the shoulder and drive like I'm on my dirt bike. Anything beats hitting a tractor-trailer rig head on.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 03:21 PM

Flip off the truck as you become a new hood ornament

My first thought was to run between the 2 trucks but usually on a 2 lane road there would not be enough room. So the next best thing would be to run off the road cause like photobug said anything is better then hitting a truck.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 04:38 PM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by photobug
Quote:
Originally posted by Squidwannabe
Take to the shoulder and drive like I'm on my dirt bike. Anything beats hitting a tractor-trailer rig head on.

This is what I was taught in a car ? Im going on the same principal for a bike ??

So you are right PhotoBug....
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 05:52 PM

I'd rather take the off-road route and take my chances there. Nothing off the road is going to be moving as fast as that semi headed at ya!!
Jim
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 09:11 PM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
I'd do one of those MI2 moves ... Rolling stopie with the glock in one hand capin off some rounds at the a$$hole in the truck as I'm flickin the stopie in the other direction to haul a$$ At least that's what they tought me to do in this type of situation at the MSF course.

John
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jk6672
I'd do one of those MI2 moves ... Rolling stopie with the glock in one hand capin off some rounds at the a$$hole in the truck as I'm flickin the stopie in the other direction to haul a$$ At least that's what they tought me to do in this type of situation at the MSF course.
Jeesh superman! Why not just snap the rear around and lowside under the frontbumper, let the truck pass over you (all 4 axles) then roll it back up on to wheels when the rig is clear? Wouldn't that be easier and less risky?

If I couldn't do either of the 2 options, I would settle for slamming on the brakes and veering on to the shoulder. Hopefully keeping it on 2 wheels so I could get the tag and sue for emotional distress and damages. Plus replacement for my undies and shorts which would undoubtably be stained!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode