Questions about riding in the rain. - Page 5 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-31-2001, 05:39 PM

Unhappy rain?

Rain don't bother me ..Its the cars that slide into you that get my attention!...Oh yea my Joe Rocket Balistic gloves have a built in thumb wiper too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 05:33 AM

Where's your sense of history? Soft you younguns

post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 10:05 AM

I've been caught in the rain several times and the one thing I've learned :
FOLLOW THE RED LIGHTS

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2RideFast View Post
Do you ride in the rain? On purpose or because you have to? Do you like to ride in the rain?

This question was suggested by Twistiesman. Thanks for the great suggestion!

I know we've discussed riding in the rain some but I wanted to post some questions about it.

I do ride in the rain, yes, especially if I'm out somewhere and need to get home. I have been known to wish for rain when it was so darn hot that I needed to cool off. And sometimes, yes, I enjoy riding in the rain. One of the first times I ever rode in the rain, it was raining so hard I couldn't see and I felt like slowing down to a crawl but I was afraid I'd get rear-ended so I kept on going. Now that I've ridden in the rain a lot (those pesky afternoon showers when I lived in South Florida) I'm fairly comfortable with it. I hate squishing around in wet shoes, but other than that, I really don't mind riding in the rain. I might not purposefully go for a pleasure ride if I knew it was going to pour all day, but we are planning a ride for tomorrow and the scattered showers that are predicted aren't making us feel like cancelling.
I live in Florida also but I try and avoid the rain if possible. Back in March of 2002 I was over in Daytona for Ducati Days across from the raceway. No sooner than I left Daytona it started to rain like thunderstorm rain, then hurricane rain. I road in the rain like that from Daytona to Tampa!

Man do I hate riding in the rain.
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 07:49 PM

Since I live in the Phoenix area, rain isn't something I have to encounter all that often and so far haven't bothered to ride in when it has rained. I have a car to use on those few days it does rain so I figure why bother attempting to ride in the rain if I don't have to and also ride on more slippery roads.

I get pissed off if I happen to ride through a little water puddle and dirty up the bottom of my bike, so I guess I'd be pissy if all of my bike and myself were all wet.
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:35 PM

honda said stupid hurts he/he I have only rode in the rain a couple of times, and no, it wasnt planned. Riding in the rain just p;ain makes me nervous

Last edited by gbikerbabe; 04-13-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode