Questions about riding in the rain. - Page 4 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 06:13 AM

Red face Re: Rainex

Quote:
Originally posted by xert
I rainex'ed my visor, outside and inside. All I have to do is turn my head and water slides off without any troubles.

One other thing about rain, I felt it made me a better rider since the bike gets squirelly a lot quicker than in the dry. Although my 6r almost threw me into a canal the other day.

Xert
Best view of New Orleans,
is in your rear view mirrors.

that had to leave a mark!!! just kidding. i'm sure the rain still sucks regardless of what you use. i choose to stay dry! for all you wet rats , ENJOY!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 01:25 PM

Talking

I cry when it rains.... i guess you can call me the wicked witch of the west (that was the bad witch right)
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 07:17 AM

Quote:
I ride in the rain because cars suck. It's a little inconvenient, but I live with it because I don't want another car. You find out real quick that those eighty dollar gloves that say "waterproof" aren't. I wear waterproof boots and a rubberized PVC rain suit when it's bad and Motoport/Tourmaster nylon gear when it's light. I just bought a pair of Olympia Aquatex gloves that work well.
I Agree! No cars.. I wish all cars would dissappear. So we bikers can take over the roads and make them more safe.. or would they be? I think so.

post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 11:37 AM

:D

Rain.....makes you a better rider and is actually enjoyable..... unless of course it's -9 C and your doing 120km/h with a wind chill factor of -32 C or colder good old Canadian weather then it gets awfully cold

Rain builds character and if you can put up with that you can put up with a lot

Snow is ok too

Hail we can all do without as well as slush and killer black ice

And /--\ (bugs) that go

(splat) On your visor suck too
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 01:44 PM

Re: :D

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyko
Rain.....makes you a better rider and is actually enjoyable..... unless of course it's -9 C and your doing 120km/h with a wind chill factor of -32 C or colder good old Canadian weather then it gets awfully cold

Rain builds character and if you can put up with that you can put up with a lot

Snow is ok too

Hail we can all do without as well as slush and killer black ice

And /--\ (bugs) that go

(splat) On your visor suck too
whhhaaatttt!!! are you planet dumbshit or something? someone lied to buddy. riding in the rain does'nt make you a better rider. it makes you a wet rider and a bowling pin for sliding cars. what are they feeding you guys in canada??
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 02:04 PM

Cool Re: Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by 93redkat

whhhaaatttt!!! are you planet dumbshit or something? someone lied to buddy. riding in the rain does'nt make you a better rider. it makes you a wet rider and a bowling pin for sliding cars. what are they feeding you guys in canada??

Most of us and that's MR. Dumshit to you would eat fairweather riders on clear ashphalt mate cuz people like you are the ones that wipe out from puddles that jump out of nowhere. They feed us Can's of Tuna
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 04:51 PM

Red face

don't get teary eyed on me mate!!! lets leave the canadian myth about riding in the rain in canada.

thank you ,
your local fairweather rider

p.s. enjoy your puddle riding!!
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 08:47 AM

Talking

It's ignorant people like you that give American's a bad name do you see other people making attack's on other peoples countries?

I've been riding straight for the past two weeks check out the past weather forecast and WAKE up it's not just canadians the border isn't very far from here and i'm sure their are plenty of riders in the North East States that are riding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg can-us.jpg (74.9 KB, 84 views)
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 03:13 PM

Talking

alright cyko, i see now that i got to you! chill out weatherman.(just kidding!) you guys are alright in my book. if you ride in the rain drive on but be safe!! i think canadians are funny people. i have a few canadian friends myself and they are just as crazy as you. they ride in the rain al the time. oh noooooo, look behind you there's a bomb!!false alarm dude! hey man , i won't attack you again you just left the door open for me. honestly , it was all a joke. if i got to you the wrong way i apologize.
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 07:47 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Fatman
I'll say it again, CARS SUCK. There, I feel better now.

Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Everything I know I learned from killing smart people and eating their brains.

Last edited by Fatman; 03-30-2001 at 07:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode