10/31/00 - How many tickets? - Page 4 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 04:48 AM

Cool

It’s no secret I don’t like cops. It takes a certain mentality to be a cop just like it does a politician and that mentality is BS. Anyway…I do not have any tickets from riding any bike. I have a couple of tickets from my car for stupid things like riding in an X’ed off area on the highway right before the turn to my house. I will mention that there was one time I could have got in a lot of trouble. I was doing a 100 mph (its easy to not notice these things when on a bird). I noticed a cop pulling onto the Highway..passed him on the left as he was pulling on...looked at my speed (100,.. oh [email protected]) looked behind me…(yep there go the lights) (damn!)...time to give the bird what it wants, more gas. Cop in mirror…going ..going ………going…gone. Find the first side road and turn off book it out of there and take the backway home. All 40 miles of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 08:04 AM

I have amazingly never been pulled over on a bike. I have not had a ticket in my car in 3 years either in fact. I had a few bad car tickets in my teen years *knock on wood*. I wrecked my 600F3 about 2 weeks before my two riding buddies got pulled over going over 100, and the idiot cops got them for alluding arrest. Cops don't understand you can't hear anything when tucked down. They were just cruising at like 100 miles an hour or so. One of them happened to see something and they sat up, looked back, saw them, pulled over. The cops jump out like "aha! cornered you now!" My friends could have both gone 155+ and the road was open. The cops claimed they ran up on traffic and were forced to slow down. I had to go bail them out of jail (lucky I save money). The cops had dellusions of the big chase like on TV I guess. They wouldn't see reason (the cops), and for it, my friends both did jail time for a day or two.

post #33 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 08:27 AM

Rob----
Dont get me started. 95% maybe 98% are people that should never have been given the job. I will end it there.

post #34 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 08:43 AM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Omnipresence
Rob----
Dont get me started. 95% maybe 98% are people that should never have been given the job. I will end it there.
Wow, that's a good biased opinion
post #35 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 10:37 PM

Quote:
It’s no secret I don’t like cops. It takes a certain mentality to be a cop just like it does a politician and that mentality is BS.
What mentality is that?
post #36 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 04:10 AM

Angry

I have known many people that have become cops (5) and know many people who know many cops. The mentality is this. Either they were picked on in school and are out there to put a beat down on the world to show it who’s boss. Or they are trying to prove to the world that they are not “gay”. They think they can prove this by saying “Hey look at me, I just shot some guy 41 times who tried to show me his wallet, or hey I just put the beat down on this guy over here because I didn’t like the way he looked at me. I’m not gay cause I can kick their butt’s. I’m a tough macho guy there’s no way I can be gay. Now don’t get me wrong. I don’t care if someone is gay but the mentality of a cop that beats someone down because he’s trying to prove that he isn’t is BS.
Put plain and simple the people that become cops are the exact people that never should. Just like Politicians. The people that want to be politicians are the exact people that never should. They want it for the power rush. The cops running around in the world with their panties all in a bunch because they were picked on in some part of the childhood or because they think they can prove to the world that they don’t like others of the same sex are all fricken cowards that should be on the streets catching the real criminals like child molesters, murderers, drug dealers and the like. Not sitting some place eating a donut becoming to damn fat that the only thing they can do is catch the law abiding citizens that have strayed into HOV lanes. They know when they pull those people over they wont run and they wont have to get their fats butts out of the car and do their job. There are no worries about getting beaten down by a law-abiding citizen either. And then there’s this whole mentality…”Its cops against the world!” “We are special and we are above the rest of you people. F with one of us and it doesn’t matter if we know the guy or like the guy we are going to beat you down!”
I would go into more depth about what I have learned about the mentality of a cop but I don’t want to waste any more of my time.
post #37 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 06:02 AM
Squidwannabe

Omni,

Where do you live man ?
post #38 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 06:04 AM

Northern Virginia
post #39 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 06:10 AM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Northern Virginia
Well that's your problem!!

Actually there a few bad cops in Montreal also, But I wouldn't say 90% are Bad ... I know a few cops also and they are good guys

There are some cops in Montreal tied to Mafia and the Hells due to low income and shitty pay.

There are bad people everywhere, and thats just a fact of life, I guess we have to bend over and take it like RCjohn
post #40 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 06:20 AM
Pete

Squid, it looks like you missed your calling in life - a cop. Just imagine having so much in common with *other* gay and bullied people!

(No offense Funk. I just saw my chance, and took it.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode