10/31/00 - How many tickets? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 102 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tigerblade
...it was probably for that purple Tele-tubbie suit...
That's a crime against humanity! I think that's punishable in 48 states by an *Ass-Kicking*.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 102 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 08:12 AM

if u include my cars then i have no idea.. i got a copy of my driving record when i went to court last year it was 3 pages long. & i have court next week... i dont have to show cause my lawer is handling everthing.
post #13 of 102 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 09:19 AM
Pete

Oh great, as if Todd's thread in the "Gear" section going unanswered wasn't enough to get him bitching and moaning, now we're gonna have to hear him whine about his gazillion tickets!

Back on subject, on the bike, I have one ticket, 69 in a 55 that no amount of politeness and respect could have saved me from; I tried. And because I had taken the MSF course less than one year prior to getting the ticket, I couldn't take the course again to have it dismissed, so it's now on my record. Argh!

post #14 of 102 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by RCjohn

I have had one warning and no tickets.
But John, that is only because you're usually dressed as a woman or a Teletubbie and the cops are scared of you.
post #15 of 102 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 01:23 PM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Pete
Oh great, as if Todd's thread in the "Gear" section going unanswered wasn't enough to get him bitching and moaning, now we're gonna have to hear him whine about his gazillion tickets!

Back on subject, on the bike, I have one ticket, 69 in a 55 that no amount of politeness and respect could have saved me from; I tried. And because I had taken the MSF course less than one year prior to getting the ticket, I couldn't take the course again to have it dismissed, so it's now on my record. Argh!

69 in a 55 ?? Is that what you and RCjohn call it ??
post #16 of 102 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 01:34 PM

My first ticket was for failure to abide by a traffic control device. Happened in a shool zone, I was going about 60. Very cool cop, he patrolled the campus, said if I ever did it again, he would hunt me down and kill me like a dog.

Second ticket was for having a bald rear tire. That cop was a real jerk, it was thrown out in court as Florida has no law related to tread depth on motorcycles.

Third ticket was for 46 in a 35. That was thrown out in court as well when the cop admitted he didn't have me on radar. He estimated my speed, I knew he did cause I was going45 indicated. I told him that at the scene, and that I knew my speedo was off in the other direction. He didn't buy it, but the judge did.

Fourth ticket was for illegal lane change, got that one with Kornkid.

Fifth ticket was for 64 in a 55. Also an incidence of cool cop. He had me on radar at 79 and accelerating. 79 was the highest # he got before he lost radar on me.

I have gotten many more in my car, but you said on the bike. Up until I was 18 I almost always ran, unless I knew I couldn't get away. That saved me from many a ticket. After 18 I seriously calmed down, and don't run or ride nearly as fast. Only the fourth and fifth ticket were since I turned 18, and they were both in the last few months.
post #17 of 102 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 03:01 PM

Thumbs down

One ticket for speeding.....10mph over posted speed.
(Good thing I was slowing down!!!)

JIM
post #18 of 102 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 04:07 PM

Thumbs down

I have only had one on the bike and it is a real pain. I just got it for going 59 in a 30 zone. Cop got me on radar and even showing my ID from the county sherrif's office (I work as a doctor there part-time), they wouldn't let me go. Highway patrol in a speed trap. Automatic have to go to court and they could pull my license, though it rarely happens. Had one in the cage a couple of years ago (51 in a 30 zone) that got bargained down to following to closely.

Anyway, I plan to get a lawyer for this one as it is too close for comfort. Then I will take both a defensive driving course and the MSF course. That gets rid of most of the points, plus should lowwer my insurance which will go up due to the ticket.

post #19 of 102 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 04:51 PM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
I was waiting to see if anyone has gotten a ticket for running a red light at night. Does anyone else have that problem in their town at night where the light will never change because the bike doesn't weigh enough to triger the traffic sensor.

John
post #20 of 102 (permalink) Old 11-01-2000, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jk6672
Does anyone else have that problem in their town at night where the light will never change because the bike doesn't weigh enough to triger the traffic sensor.
The weight of your bike has nothing to do with it. The sensors are triggered by a disturbance in the magnetic field they produce. The metal of a vehicle disturbs that force. Since bikes are small and consist mainly of aluminum it makes it difficult to produce much of a change. I suggest that you look for the coils (usually covered with a thin strip of slurry) park you bike directly over that.

BACK TO TICKETS!

I have had 3 in my career.

2 for speeding (trffic school)
1 for no eye protection (thrown out)

ALL CLEAN RECORD YAHHOOOOO!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode