10/16/00 - What is the largest thing you have actually hit and not crashed the bike? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Red face

What is the largest thing you have actually hit and not crashed the bike?

This question was suggested by photobug. Thanks for a great suggestion!

I hit a chicken with my leg and didn't crash. ALMOST hit a construction barrel the other day, but managed to swerve around it as the wind blew it right out in front of me. Ugh!

------------------
Stacia
Administrator
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

[This message has been edited by Luv2RideFast (edited October 16, 2000).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 02:43 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
birds, two. one in my leg, one with my helmet. big headache.

largest thing i almost hit was a 2000 929 on saturday that was sliding down the track in my way.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy
post #3 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 03:20 AM

A squirrel on the second day I had my new bike.

I also had a lady in a Grand Am hit my boot as she pulled out of a driveway - not sure if this one counts, since she hit me .

------------------
http://gsxr750.sportbikeworld.com

post #4 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 02:58 PM
Old Guy

A deer which was left laying in the road (I-474 around Peoria Illinois). I drove over the neck and was airborne on my Kaw Z1. Landed on my wheels. The only damage was the side panel from getting kicked by my boot.
A pickup was pulling into my lane, then swerved at the last minute. I then knew why....

------------------
-Yeeee-haaaaa!
post #5 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 03:47 PM

I hit a deer on IH-10 in San Antonio one night. I was riding home from work and the thing just walked out in front of me. Luckily, they grow 'em small in Texas so I didn't fall off. The deer went skidding onto the shoulder, then got up and limped away.

If I had had time to react I would have hit the brakes and compressed the forks, and gone over the handlebars. As it was, the forks absorbed most of the impact. I has sore shoulders and arms for a few days from hanging on, but no injuries. The bike sustained a dented horn from the triple clamp hitting it.

That was a close one.

------------------
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
post #6 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 04:16 PM
Squidwannabe

170 mph

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam
post #7 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 04:20 PM

I hit a log about as big around as a volleyball that fell out of the back of a truck in front of me. I was riding my 83 Interceptor (back in my high school days) I tugged on the bars and somehow managed to ride over it without wrecking. I was doing about 60mph. I still don't know how I made it

------------------
poverty sucks!!! and winter
Landon
92 viffer
www.vfr.sportbikeworld.com
post #8 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 05:20 PM

Largest thing I hit recently was a traffic cone. Just brushed it and I was going at slow speed in a parking lot, so it didn't cause any problems. Have run over some small road kill, but usually manage to avoid it thankfully.

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR750F2, a.k.a. ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3
post #9 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-18-2000, 01:22 AM

Wink

In aug 97,I was travelling down the #1 in northern California on my `92GSXR1100 to visit some friends in Santa Rosa.In the distance I see a bird eating road kill and think its a crow,no big deal,it`ll fly off when I get closer.Well, I`m closing rapidly on this bird and notice that its bigger than a crow and its not leaving its meal,I get about a couple bike lengths away at which point it decides to take off.It gets about a foot off the road and has at least a 4ft wingspan when I hear a WHACK on my lower right fairing,I look in the mirror and all I see are feathers.I thought I killed a bald eagle and was looking around to make sure no one saw what I hit but later found out that it was a buzzard.No damage to the bike and was able to keep it upright.

------------------
post #10 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-18-2000, 06:48 AM

I hit an 75 to 100 pound Golden Retriever in 1995 on my 1987 Concours. It did about $750 in damage but I didn't go down. The entire right side plastic had to be replaced. The dog ran into me on the frame just in front of the engine. The bike wobble a little and went on the plastic just exploded everywhere.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode