10/16/00 - What is the largest thing you have actually hit and not crashed the bike? - Page 6 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-04-2001, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fatman
...make sure you clean your goggles, it's easyer to see at night if they're clean!...
Thanks for the Hot Tip, Chubby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-04-2001, 07:28 AM

A head on meeting with a brick wall doing 15 or so. Impact, sweet ass endo and back onto the seat. No damage to the bike, but I had to throw my boxers away.
post #53 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-04-2001, 07:54 AM

Thumbs down

It would have to be my nuts' on the gas tank
after I ran over a 4X4 piece of wood.

post #54 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 09:26 AM
HUS

Send a message via AIM to HUS Send a message via Yahoo to HUS
Thumbs down What the H**L was that??!!!

I hit something in the road one time at around midnight on a ZX-7R I used to own and then darn thing shot my front end straight up in the air at about 75mph. My buddies and I stopped and looked at my bike and it had blood and hair all over the front and bottom of the bike,... and it had broken the bottom of my left side faring and torn it off. We went back to look at what I hit and it was a dead German Shepherd!!!

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton
post #55 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 01:00 PM

A bump in a road the size of a small watermelon -in a curve going about 60 mph. Flew up in the air probably 6 inches on both wheels. Yeah ... I got to start wearing my eyeglasses he he he ...
post #56 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 04:02 PM

Thumbs down

On IS 75 around Toledo Ohio I passed a slower car and came up behind a pick-up that had a tool box falling from the bed. The tool box was about a foot high and made for one hell of a ramp. Not to mention the driver of the truck must of saw the box falling and he started to hit the brakes. I still don't know how I missed the truck. I only had minor fairing damage and a small dent in the pipe on a 1986 FZR600. After I pulled over to check the damage the driver of the truck, after he got his box, pulled over and gave me three hundred bucks to avoid a accident report and more points on his drivers license.
post #57 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-19-2001, 12:58 AM

....a third of a 18-wheeler tire...

riding down the interstate...see this huge piece of tire in the road and prepare to avoid it...at the last moment, the truck in front of me nicks the end of it and sends it flying through the air...landed right in front of me so i just braced and ran right over it..jarred me but i stayed up...

squirrels, rats..water...hehe
post #58 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 10:31 AM

Angry

On the street, I got side swiped by a pick-up that cut across 3 lanes of highway to get on the exit ramp. I did'nt have much riding experience at the time and it was all I could do to slow down, turn and avoid the pick-up. My mirror brushed the back end of the truck as he took me with him off the exit, totally unaware of my bike. I managed to avoid getting taken out but it left me shakin for days.
I feel safer on a race track....
oh yeah, I got hit there too! This shark toothed cut in my fairing is from some guys handle bar as he dove underneath me mid-turn at Moroso. As we exited we were hooked together a good 40 to50 feet. Did'nt crash!

Last edited by Mototaino; 02-16-2002 at 10:35 AM.
post #59 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 11:37 PM

I was riding a 50cc scooter home in the dark and rain one evening, this thing was de restricted and could hit 50mph
A car caught up with me and stayed on full beams behind me and would not overtake. I came round a corner to see a car coming the other way So the combination of 6v electrics lashing rain and being dazzled by 2 cars meant I did not see the river of water about 12 inches deep and 100 yards long accross the road. i hit it at about 45mph and dont know how i came out the other side still on two wheels. Remember a scooter wheels are probally only 12 inches in diameter. I was also stayed fairly dry the body of the scooter diverted all the water over my head. The car that was right on my tail fell right back for a couple of miles before it caught up and overtook me.
post #60 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 11:46 AM

O man, brings back memories. One time I caught a fat crow right square in my helmet. I was doing about 90mph and my head snaped back so hard I bairly held on. Damm bird craped on my leathers and I had feathers everywhere. Part of his beak was stuck in my vent.
Hit a small dog once also, I couldn't avoid it as I saw it the last second. I was only in first so I hit the gas and wheelied its brains out. Didn't feel a thing I'm sure.
The reason I never swirve for small animals anymore. A freakin squirel almost took me out one time. I swirved to avoid it and the little bugger doubled back and ran under my front tire causing me to loose traction and almost hit a van coming at me. I vowed to gas it from then on if it looks squisible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode