10/16/00 - What is the largest thing you have actually hit and not crashed the bike? - Page 5 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 01:37 PM

Hows about a 10 year old on a bike? The kid was on the curb as my girlfriend and I were riding buy, he waits until we are almost on top of him, and sprints off the corner on his bike. I pin the front binders, stand the bike on it's nose, my girlfriend rides most of the way up my back, and I still manage to hit his back tire .

4 good things happend though. First I got down to about 5 km/h prior to contact. Second I tipped the kid over (not good) but he didn't get hurt . Third I did not drop the bike [but did drop the girlfriend ]. Fourth I had a buystander witness the whole thing from the car behind me, drove the kid to his house while I followed, and backed me up when I explained it to his parents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 04:18 PM

Man, you got lucky on that one. The worst thing I could imagine would be hurting a little kid (even if it was not my fault- as in your case). I must say that you handled the situation very well by going to explain what happened to the kid's parents. How did they react?
post #43 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-02-2000, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RLJ3RD
Quote:
Originally posted by RCjohn
I ran over a pregnant chad in Miami once. You could barely see it but the legal battles raged for weeks.
I suspect the largest thing John has ever hit and not crashed was his own ass! I saw him slapping his ass as he rode his honda down the road yelling Yahooooooo! It was quite disturbing. Sorry bud I had to!
Lee, you need to keep your fantasies to yourself.

post #44 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-03-2000, 11:09 PM

Angry

I hit a little bird ones.

It flew between my leg and the gear rod!!!
(i hope you guys understand what i wrote)

it splashed, and there was blood everywhere.
Not a pretty sight.

post #45 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-04-2000, 01:28 AM

John, those chads weren't the missing Gore ballots were they?
post #46 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-04-2000, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rossco929
Man, you got lucky on that one. The worst thing I could imagine would be hurting a little kid (even if it was not my fault- as in your case). I must say that you handled the situation very well by going to explain what happened to the kid's parents. How did they react?
Didn't see much of his mom as she grabbed him and drug him in the door. Talked with his dad for about 10 minutes. The guy was visibly upset and probably had a blood preasure of 220 (understandibly). We went over it a few times and he accepted what happened. Could have been much worse without a witness though. I later heard that the kid went camping that weeked with his folks and other than a bent rim on his bicycle was no worse for wear.
post #47 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 06:25 AM

Riding down my local highway by Dulles International. I was gong about 75mph and about 30 feet behind a car in front of me. I donít know what I hit but it looked like a large mud covered muffler. I didnít have time to react and hit the damn thing the same time I saw it. The bird got airborne ( I kid you not) and I came down 1 to second later. I think I probably caught a good 6 inches to a foot of air. When I landed there where no problemsÖ.I just kept cruzin along until I could pull over and inspect my bike. Strangest experience I have ever had on my bike.
post #48 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-14-2000, 04:03 PM

I hit my brother once in 1969. Accidently popped the clutch in the driveway and ran him down. Then I got off the bike (it was his) and ran like hell. When it was all over the bike was in much better shape than I was.
My wife ran over her MSF instructor in just about the same way. She went to stop and thought she had it in nuetral. When she took off right at him, he jumped up and straddled the front forks. But she didn't dump the bike! I don't know who was more surprised. When it was over she asked the teacher if that meant she failed the class.
post #49 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-02-2001, 10:19 AM

go figure

When I was 19 riding my first dual sport at college I had my head turned checking out a girl. I was doing about 35mph on campus in a 25mph zone and when I turned my head straight there was a grandpa driving his old caprice about 15mph. I jammed both brakes and hit him square in the back bumper. Somehow my hips got caught on the bars so I didn't fly over. Just hit the bumper, then the bars then right back in the seat. Grandpa never felt the impact and I never fell off the bike.

Lucky
post #50 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-04-2001, 02:11 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Fatman
I hit a cement cinder block in the carpool lane on my '95 KLR 650 at 4:30am about three years ago. Put a big flat spot in the rim and knocked the wind out of me.
Glad I wasn't on the Bandit, would have been bad.

Hell, that was another lesson, make sure you clean your goggles, it's easyer to see at night if they're clean!

Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Everything I know I learned from killing smart people and eating their brains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode