10/16/00 - What is the largest thing you have actually hit and not crashed the bike? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-18-2000, 04:11 PM

I hit a buzzard at about 30mph. I hit it on my hand, blood got in the throttle cable. That was the only real damage to the bike. I had cruise control for about three weeks then I cleaned it out.

------------------
Colin
FloridaSportbikers
My Home Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-18-2000, 06:09 PM

Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:
170 mph

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

good one !

------------------
texas tornado #2

jim
post #13 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-18-2000, 07:44 PM

David Sadowski -- twice in the same year! Neither of us went down either time, fortunately...

------------------
Life is hard.
It's even harder when you're stupid.

post #14 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-18-2000, 08:17 PM
Founder

Garage
Red face

I once ran over a queen size mattress while riding down the interstate. (I know it was a queen size becuase after I ran over it I went back and moved it off the road so some other poor guy would not run over it).

To this day I have no idea how I kept my bike on two wheels, and no damage to the bike!

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil
post #15 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 09:00 PM

Taking a left turn at about 20 mph and a pickup jumps his stop sign. I stand the bike up and powerwheelied onto the curb. I stopped and looked over my shoulder, as he was taking off. Rear rim had a tiny dent on both sides.

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!
post #16 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 10:07 PM

I was heading home one night (on my EX) and ran over a utility hole cover some dip$hit left half open. I bent both rims and sent the bike into a violent wobble. I somwhow managed to get the bike stopped and safe, whew! After I thought about it, I should have laid the thing down right after stopping it...can somebody say lawsuit. Oh well too much adrenaline at the time I wasn't thinking straight.

------------------
You get the best thrills on two wheels!

Damn rice burners!
post #17 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-22-2000, 12:31 AM

Orange cone and Indy car tires

Orange construction cone
Not the biggest, but it was a powerful hit, going into turn one at Loudon a little to hot, so I went for the escape route around Nascar turns 1 and 2, hitting one of the cone on the way in. Sent the cone flying in the air, pulled the bars hard as I hit it, and after the race, I found I put a nasty crack in my front fender. Damn target fixation.....

Indy car tires,
I dont remember why, but turn 12 at loudon was modified, (puddles, tornup pavement ????) using indy car tires, cliped it with my need, no damage to the bike.

post #18 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-22-2000, 09:06 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
steve,

just wanted to say you have a great webpage, glad to see you joining sbw.com

http://homestead.juno.com/sjp1/Welcome.html

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-23-2000, 07:49 AM

Squid admission

Uh oh, I'm going to be forced to admit some squid tendencies on this one....

I once hit a "slow down, construction ahead" sign.

It's not something I'm proud of, but hey, what's done is done. I was flying up a hill of a 4 lane road, overtaking a massive 18 wheeler who was in the left lane, as I crested the hill this sign popped up in my lane. I was doing about 140 - 150 km/h and just didn't have enough room between the truck and the sign to avoid it completely.

I suck in my breath and did one of those "squiggle" moves to try and finesse my way through.... and was rewarded with a SMACK! As my right signal light and right mirror clipped the sign, this shattered the right side faring, but I had so much momentum that I took out the 2 * 4 that was supporting the sign too.

Mostly due to embarrassment I kept going, made a couple of turns down some side streets then got off to inspect the damage. Ok, there you have it.
post #20 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-23-2000, 08:31 PM

Unhappy

A couple of months ago I was overtaking a truck at night and what should I suddenly pick out of the blackness? It was a nasty little possum. I was only doing about 120k's but the pesky little thing put a nice dent in my front wheel! Grrrrrrrr.

But you get that sometimes ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode