03/05/00 How far have you ridden in one day? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-05-2000, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Question

What's the farthest you've ever ridden in one day? What kind of bike were you on? Did you have to crawl off the bike and feel like dying or was it okay, comfortwise?

The farthest I have ever ridden in one day would probably have to be close to 500 miles and it was on my 1995 ZX-6. My butt was in pretty bad shape but it wasn't too bad. I've ridden close to that far in one day on the CBR and been much more comfortable. Hopefully, this summer, we'll do a bit of sport touring and I'll be able to put in more time on the bike.

------------------
Stacia - '00 CBR F4
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

[This message has been edited by Luv2RideFast (edited March 05, 2000).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-05-2000, 04:01 PM

The farthest I've ridden would probably be about the same as Stacia, From Orange County to San Jose in Northern CA. I think its just about 500 miles. I was younger then, 21, and I stopped and stretched probably 4 or 5 times. That was on a F2 back when I didnt care about speed or tickets so I wasnt too tore up when I arrived. ahh youth!

More up to date I have ridden 200 miles in a afternoon on my RR and I was beat! lol

------------------
Kyle-
99 Yellow 900RR
email:[email protected]

[This message has been edited by riverrunner_2000 (edited March 05, 2000).]
post #3 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-05-2000, 04:59 PM

Call me stupid.

In my college days, about 20 years back, I regularly traveled between Syracuse NY and Santa Barbara, CA, a distance of about 2,800 miles. I did this trip on the following bikes: Yamaha RD350, Suzuki GT 380, Yamaha XS 650 and a Yamaha 750 triple. My fastest trip was 4 days on the triple 750 (about 700 miles a day @ 16 hour days). The longest I ever took was 8 or 9 days. I was young, stupid and on an extremely tight budget. Also did a run to Daytona from Syracuse in just under 3 days, froze my butt off from Syracuse to just south of the PA border, then enjoyed a blissful 3 weeks in Florida. Moved out to California just after that.

Got caught on the RD 350 in an Oklahoma cyclone, tornadoes and awful rain. I was taking refuge under an overpass when an OK Highway Patrolman stopped. He offered me a place to stay overnight, at his rancho no less, about 10 miles away. Heck of a nice guy and a harley rider to boot. You never know who you'll meet on the road.

Fond memories of my younger days, now I max out at about 300-400 miles (usually on the Road King, not the ZX7!)

------------------
Our greatest challenge in life is living up to our own potential.

[This message has been edited by Tahoe (edited March 05, 2000).]

post #4 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-05-2000, 05:05 PM

Cool

The farthest I have ridden in one day would be about 400 miles round trip from Melbourne to Miami with a bit of ridding in Miami. I had no problems doing that regularly from when I was 16 until I was 20, on a ZX-600R, KLR650 and a 750 Virago. The Virago being the worst ride. My average daily ride now covers about 200-300 miles on my Triple. My biggest problem is when I start ridding I just want to keep going.

------------------
Colin
2000 Triumph Speed Triple
Roulette Green
post #5 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-05-2000, 05:21 PM

me and a friend did from cleve,ohio to virginia beach, i did it on a kawi kz1000 it was a long time ago

------------------
post #6 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-05-2000, 06:40 PM

Two years ago, a friend and myself rode from Miami to Road Atlanta. We figured it to be approximately 750 miles. We watched the Superbike races and rode back that night. I was on my SuperHawk and my bud was on his VFR. I didn't feel the effects after we got there because I was getting to watch the Superbike races, but when I got home, I crashed for a day in bed!

I also did a 700 mile trip on an FJ1200, spent 2 days in a pup tent and rode back. I felt worse after this trip.

------------------
TJ
'98 SuperHawk
post #7 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-05-2000, 09:14 PM

Wink

I think my longest day was in aug.88 when me and a friend rode from the northeast corner of Utah to Ely,Nevada,a distance of 525 miles,while on my 83 Suzuki 750 Katana.(very sore that day,slept very good that night.)

------------------
post #8 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-06-2000, 04:50 AM
Founder

Garage
Longest ride?

1995 from Phoenix, AZ to Washington, DC to the National Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall (big memorial ride).

2,500 miles, 3 days, 1994 ZX9R.

Talk about sore. I stopped in Ohio on the way back at then trailerd the bike back to AZ.

I then made the same trip (but rode the bike both ways) in 1996 on a Harley Softail (rental).

------------------
Robert Basil
Sportbikeworld Admin
90 ZX7, 94 ZX9R, 97 ZX7R, 98 ZX9R.
It ain't easy being green, but it sure is fun!
post #9 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-06-2000, 05:41 AM

looks like i may have the record so far.

1 friday the 1st summer i had my bike a friend of mine & i called in sick & started riding at about 7am, we went all over northern colorado mountains. from boulder we went threw boulder canyon, then to i-70 & back to some more 2 laners. came back to denver & cruised all evening & into the next morning bout 2 or 3. we were very tired, i went threw 7 tanks of gas ($35 then) & over 1k miles. i had a katana 600 was 20yrs old & went out riding the next day (although i slept till bout noon).

------------------
post #10 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-06-2000, 10:33 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
In 1996, my friend and I rode from Northeastern PA to Loudon NH in one day (about 500-550 miles, almost ALL highway).

He had a Vmax, I rode my F2. It sucked, so bad. I have aluminium pegs and rear-set adapter plates on my F2, my fee hurt for weeks I think.

I rode around Loudon and Laconia for three days and rode back on Monday morning. I wanted to die.

I haven't ridden 100 miles on the highway since (maybe total), but have a few 300 mile days on backroads.

------------------
Tony

94 CBR600F2 pur/blk/yel--streetbike
88 FZR400 primer/duct tape/yellow Krylon--trackbike
e-mail:[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode