07/30/00 - Who's your favorite motorcycle racer? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 10:55 AM
Pete

Gotta cast my vote for Joey Dunlop, may he rest in peace.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 12:26 PM

My all-time favorite is a toss up between Kenny Roberts and Eddie Lawson. My favorite 2 bikes are the KR Yamaha RZ350 and the ELR KZ1000 - old, ZRX 1100 - new.

But, I really like the way Kevin Schwantz rode. He was awesome and I do know from personal experience, too. He has no fear.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
38 speeding tickets and still counting
post #13 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 01:15 PM

I am! OK, OK, I don't race, but if I did it would be me.

Actually I like Scott Russell, but his attitude sucks. I think he is a great rider, though. Besides, anybody with the balls to race on a Harley is cool in my book.

Also, every since I found out Pascal Picotte races a Harley, not to mention his cool helmet, I like him too.

Really though, I don't follow racing too much, although I love watching it.

------------------
Colin
FloridaSportbikers
My Home Page

post #14 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 03:58 PM

Cool

In GP's and WSBK, I have to pull for the American boys: Kenny Roberts Jr., Colin Edwards, and Ben Bostrum. I have to say that after watching the last GP race from Sachsenring, Valentino Rossi has a new fan. That kid is unbeilivable!!!!

In AMA, I really don't have a favorite. The most exciting to watch have to be Eric Bostrum and Curtis Roberts, they way they back it into the corners.

RCJohn-If your ever in the Asheville, NC area, Jamie James owns a resturant in the town of Black Mtn. It's called the French Quarter. He has some of his racing things there, and is occasionally there himself. If your in the area, it's worth checking out.

------------------
Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that sportbike riding will cause swelling of the testicles, shrinkage of the brain, and possible severe trauma to the ego.
post #15 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 05:07 PM

Thumbs up

EDDIE LAWSON!

When I first started riding bikes and following racing, he was the reigning Superbike champion. My Air Force room mate was a fan of his, and he told me to watch Lawson. So I started following him, and he's been my hero ever since.

Dirt track champion, 250 champion, 2-time Superbike champion (on that BEAST of a KZ1000), 4-time World GP500 champion, including back-to-back championships on two different brands of bikes, and he's won 500 GP's on THREE different brands! (I believe he's the only one to do that...)

Then, he went on to win in Indy Lights, and he drove Indy Cars competitively. Now, he's tearing it up on the Kart tracks. The man can flat out ride/drive anything.

Of the current crop of riders, there are plenty of guys I really admire, but there are a few who really stand out in my eyes:

Ben Bostrom, Nicky Hayden, Kenny Roberts, Nori Haga, and one who has amazed me from the first time he stepped onto a GP bike -- Valentino Rossi!

------------------
A fool and his money are soon partying.
post #16 of 140 (permalink) Old 08-01-2000, 03:54 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RCjohn:

Tom Kipp gets honorable mention since he is one of the nicest guys in the paddock and nobody rides the DOT tire like Tom.

BTW Tony, I don't think it is going to be 5 years before Hopkins is on a GP bike. He did an amazing job on the Yamaha GP bike in testing. First time on two-stroke race bike and was within about 2 seconds of factory riders time in just a few laps. I believe the factory rider was Max Biaggi(could have been the team mate Checca(?)).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

God, how could i forget kipp, how fast the mind leaves me. he is awesome. i like pridmore, but i thought kipp should have got that ride at yosh. actually thought ferraci should've kept him too.

as for hopkins, i think rrw said they timed him under 2 seconds off biaggi's time, and that was only after a hand full of laps.

for some reason, i have my doubts about seeing him in europe soon though (esspecially after the whole mike hail thing). but you never know. with the way mccoy and laconni are finishing races, maybe red bull will sign him up soon.

I also like kocinski. all the ama guys are busting his nuts are trashing him for some reason. rapp saying he parked in the corner, kocinski lead into one, how deep was rapp going to go?

mladin and kocinski just don't seem to get along, but imagine that mladin and someone having words, never. kocinski isn't an all time favorite, but i think he got a lot of bad press over things he did went he was much younger.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy
post #17 of 140 (permalink) Old 08-01-2000, 04:27 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cbrf2boy:
as for hopkins,

for some reason, i have my doubts about seeing him in europe soon though (especially after the whole mike hail thing). but you never know. with the way mccoy and laconni are finishing races, maybe red bull will sign him up soon.

I also like kocinski. all the ama guys are busting his nuts are trashing him for some reason. rapp saying he parked in the corner, kocinski lead into one, how deep was rapp going to go?

mladin and kocinski just don't seem to get along, but imagine that mladin and someone having words, never. kocinski isn't an all time favorite, but i think he got a lot of bad press over things he did went he was much younger.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tony,

I hope you are right about Hopkins. I don't want to see him go over too soon. The Mike Hale thing has made them reluctant over there I think. Also the Wait thing. Wait went to GPs way to early and it has just about ruined his career.

Mladin and Kocinski didn't get along when they were with Cagiva. No one got along with John John back then. I agree also that he has gotten alot of undeserved bad press. Who knows though.

I too think Tom should have gotten a Yosh ride. I kind of wanted to see Kipp back on the Yamaha. I guess a nostalgia thing.

Mad Kaw,

I know about the French Quarter and can't wait to get out there. I do get to Asheville occasionally with Grigg Racing. They are out of Asheville. Jamie actually invited them to his house to watch the Daytona 200 a couple of years ago. That was cool of him. Jamie and Ramona have a new baby also.

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

[This message has been edited by RCjohn (edited August 01, 2000).]
post #18 of 140 (permalink) Old 08-01-2000, 11:49 AM

Cool

Kenny Roberts Jr! I hope that he pulls it off this year!

Mad Kaw,

Thats funny cause John and I talked about Jamie James restaurant last Friday night when we camped at Deals Gap. A few of us will be riding in NC in Sept and we are thinking about going to the French Quarter for lunch one day.

------------------
Dave
Too many curves...so little time
post #19 of 140 (permalink) Old 08-01-2000, 11:33 PM

Wink

Any female racer.eg Angele Seeling(sp?)the 1/4 mile dragracer.I`m sure there are a few in club racing but I`m not sure if there are any pro`s.Good on ya.

------------------
post #20 of 140 (permalink) Old 08-02-2000, 01:13 AM
Squidwannabe

Squidwannabe! He's my hero!!! He's so dreamy!!

------------------
Whatever that little sheep said is a damn lie !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode