02/27/00 What is the significance of your user name? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 277 (permalink) Old 02-26-2000, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

What is the significance of your user name for this forum? How did you come up with it?

For some of us, this is obvious, but I thought it would be fun to know what some of these user names really mean and why people chose the names they chose.

Mine is self explanatory. I do love to ride fast and that is my nickname for yahoo IM and ICQ too. I came up with it because my nickname in a scuba chat I used to go to was "luv2div" and it was kind of along those same lines.

------------------
Stacia - '00 CBR F4
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 277 (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 03:47 AM

That's an easy one. It is the first letter of my first name and my entire last name. It is the name I use on my e-mail account. Guess I have to make it easy so I don't forget it!

------------------
Richard
'89 EX500
"If you have to ask..."
post #3 of 277 (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 04:09 AM

Colin is of course my name, and 409 refers to a name I was called in High School. I was bald and referred to as Mr. Clean, and as you know 409 is a cleaner.

------------------
Colin
2000 Triumph Speed Triple
Roulette Green

post #4 of 277 (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 06:27 AM

Smile

My other love is my boat and a river run is what you do when you gotta get away! Thats when I head out to Roberts part of the planet. Riverrunner_2000 is just my Yahoo name because somone already took simply Riverrunner, Can you believe it!?

------------------
Kyle-
99 Yellow 900RR
email:[email protected]

[This message has been edited by riverrunner_2000 (edited February 27, 2000).]
post #5 of 277 (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 06:49 AM

not much guessing needed here, right folks? just my first name and the bike i ride. i thought that since we are gonna be talking mostly about sportbikes at this forum, it would be easier for others to know what i rode.
arif
'99 F4
post #6 of 277 (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 07:29 AM

Cool

Any questions? I Love my Bike!
post #7 of 277 (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 08:13 AM

Wink

Mine came about because I`m going to enlarge the back deck and I need footings for the deck to sit on.And I was thinking of renting one of those power augers(you know those gas powered ones with the corkscrew thingy that digs down into the ground)so that I could dig a hole for the footing.Its an unusual name that I likely won`t find anywhere else.
post #8 of 277 (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 11:41 AM

Cool

I live on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. People here abbreviate Outer Banks as OBX. They even sell OBX stickers and T-shirts that are quite popular with the tourists! Since I ride a Ninja, I am the "obxninja".

------------------
John E. Dawson
post #9 of 277 (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 01:56 PM

Wink

I have a bad habit of checking the max lean angle of my 748. I had a nasty high-side last year that put me back over $7K! One of my riding buddies said I should be jailed for "Ducati Abuse."

------------------
748_abuser
"cuz twins are supposed to make yer ears bleed!"
post #10 of 277 (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 02:48 PM

Needless to say, Tahoe signifies my locale. I am about 20 minutes from the lake. My usual user name is KenpoKev (mostly on martial arts boards) I thought that if I used KenpoKev on this board, you'd all think I was some kind of luney-toon and delete me.
(Kenpo is the style of martial art I teach).

Now that you KNOW I'm a looney-toon, I appreciate your humoring me and allowing me to post what the voices in my head tell me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode