08/06/00 - Group riding vs. riding alone. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-06-2000, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Cool

Do you usually ride in a group, with one other person or alone? Why?

I typically ride with my husband or in a group. I enjoy riding alone but enjoy it more riding with him. I also think it is great if you can find a group to ride with that you're comfortable with. Nothing neater than a bunch of bikes pulling in somewhere together. That is sometimes hard to do, but we have a few people that we're totally comfortable riding with and when we get in our groups, the rides are enjoyable.

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-06-2000, 11:58 AM

I ride by myself quite a bit. But, I love to ride in a group whenever I can. Today we had 15 bikes and we did 300 miles.
I like group riding because when/if someone goes down there is always someone to go get help. When you ride alone, you are more cautious. Nothing like breaking down in the middle of nowhere, by yourself.
But, groups do attract a lot of attention from the cops.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
38 speeding tickets and still counting
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-06-2000, 01:13 PM

I used to ride alone about 95% of the time. That has changed since I got the RC 51. I now tend to hook up with groups more or I ride with my wife. It is strange how many more people want to ride with you when you have a more capable machine. I now ride with one or more other bikes about 95% of the time. A complete turnaround.

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-06-2000, 01:32 PM

Red face

I ride solo about 80% of the time. The wife and I about 15% And 5% with groups of 3 - 15 riders. Group riding is nice BUT it turns into a race. I wish I could meet a group of riders that respects life.

------------------
Ken
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-07-2000, 05:35 AM

By my lonesome 97.25% of the time

------------------
Hamburgers. The
cornerstone of any
nutritious breakfast.
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-07-2000, 08:32 AM

Just me, myself and I for 98% of my rides. I can't find anyone who'll ride with me......sniff,sniff.
I find that too many of the group rides around here are either (1)super-squid rough riders who want to pull wheelies into oncoming traffic or pose by the side of the road or (2)Harley/cruisers who want to take the slooooooow lane, turn their nose up at sportbikes, or pose at the local bar.
I like riding with other people, just seeems like lately it's been a solitary hobby.

------------------
j.-
"rawlbrughhhlearlaurTIMMY!"
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-07-2000, 08:41 AM

When I ride,I ride the Pace(a speed I`m comfortable with).So usually when I start out with a group I`m quickly riding alone.So I guess you could say that I ride alone 90% of the time.

------------------
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-07-2000, 10:48 AM

Cool

Like some of you I have 3 ways that I ride. Wife, group, or by myself. Most of the time it is with my wife then some by myself then the least is with a group. It all depends on the mood that I am in on which way to ride. Most of the time it is with the wife that I like the most. Sometimes it is hard to find a group to ride with that is not out to prove how fast he/she can ride.

------------------
Dave
Too many curves...so little time
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-07-2000, 12:11 PM

I ride alone most of the time, every now and again i ride with my girlfriend. Kind of like to ride alone, can set my on pace and stop whenever i want to

------------------
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-07-2000, 03:03 PM

Hi all, "newbe" to the Forum here. I have been reading for about 2 weeks and have enjoyed, so I felt it's time to join!
So, what better post to start with than this one.
I LOVE to ride period, in groups, with a passenger, by myself, it dosen't matter, just as long as I get to ride!
Ride and have fun! See ya!

------------------
Marty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode