08/06/00 - Group riding vs. riding alone. - Page 5 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 11:42 AM

Group riding is fun, everyone has eachothers back, and the brother/ sisterhood really shows. I ride alone when I have to go to work or school, but I definitely have to say that when Im in a group, I feel like where all family!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-17-2003, 07:53 AM

I ride mostly by myself. I cant find too many people around our small town to ride with. I would love to ride in a group. Would be much better than riding alone.
post #43 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-29-2003, 08:36 AM

Riding to me has always been a solitary pursuit, not a social activity. Iíve done huge group charity rides (never again!) and large and small impromptu rides and donít care for any of them. Alone, I can focus on MY ride.
If I really had a need to be surrounded by others while pursuing my hobby, Iíd play golf.

post #44 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-29-2003, 09:26 PM

I mostly ride by myself, most of my friends are working on getting their endorsments now. but when I can find a group say when I go to anevent or something I ride with them. Group riding a lot more fun I think. everyonce in a while you can stop and bullshit eachother or something.
post #45 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 05:31 PM

I never had the chance to ride in a group. Riding was always a do-it-yourself thing for me.
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-27-2003, 12:03 AM

I usually ride with my man...Im kind of scared to ride ina large group...seen alot of people do stupid stuff(showin off) and run into other peoples bikes and all hell breaks loose...but smaller groups like 7 people at the most is cool....I dunno maybe Im just paranoid.

I dont like riding alone on the other hand
post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-30-2003, 07:21 PM

I usually ride by myself, but occasionally with others. The area i am in, i don't know too many people on sport bikes. Thanks to this web site i have found two more people i can go riding with! This site rulez!
post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 11:18 PM

ive been riding solo, manly comuting, i hate it. rode in a group before
but im not up to their experience to do the shit they do. that is why i hope come
spring time i can hook up with a few riders with my skill level. and the solo part
is kinda scarely you never know when something is going to happen and no one there
to help out.
post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 08:02 AM

99.99% by myself can't find anyone around here that wants to go riding, unless I go to Alabama to do trackdays with my friend.
post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 08:12 AM

I almost always ride by myself. I used to ride with a big group and it was fun.

When it gets warmer, I'm going to try and get about 10 people together from around the surrounding states to head up to Deal's Gap or somewhere like that for a weekend or weekend night.

PM me if that sounds good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode