08/06/00 - Group riding vs. riding alone. - Page 4 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 08:03 PM

So far I like being the Lone Ranger..........nobody else to get in the way and being able to crank it up when ever i feel like it is great. I have ocasionally ridden with one other rider, but he is out in front doing his favorite things like wheelies. There is a nice feeling of freedom when riding alone, and remember all eyes are on you and only you if you have a sharp looking bike! Wonder if that means Im a seperatist!?!?!?! Maybe I just havent met the right group yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 09:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to ga_skyline_rydr Send a message via Yahoo to ga_skyline_rydr
Never tried the group thing yet, have always ridden alone. At times riding alone can be boring so I may try ridng with one or two others just to see. Big time large group riding gets alot of attention especially from our friends at ticket central. So ride well and safe.
post #33 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 06:32 PM

usually ride alone. a group of us used to race our bikes at the drag races (legal strip) and then about 10 of us would go riding after that. groups that large attract attention but we did have fun. I feel safer in a smaller group3-4 bikes.

post #34 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 12:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to ga_skyline_rydr Send a message via Yahoo to ga_skyline_rydr
Quote:
Originally posted by blackkaw
I feel safer in a smaller group3-4 bikes.
I would imagine all those bikers at Deal's Gap that I read on many posts that were getting tickets were probably riding in large groups. Therefore, attracting lots of attention. Riding in a smaller group, 3-4 bikes I would think is alot safer.
post #35 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 10:59 AM

I have to ride alone unless I want to ride with the Harley crowd. To ride with a bunch of Harleys is like not riding at all. A Harley 'ride' is all about stopping. It's the most frustrating thing imaginable. You meet at a Waffle House at 9:00am. Then you leave there at about 10:00 and immediately pull unto the first gas station. After filling up and smoking a dozen cigarettes and talking about wonderful their Harleys are, they finally pull out at about 10:45. Go about 5 miles and pull over in a abandoned gas station to tighten up loose parts and talk some more about how wonderful their Harleys are. Itís now about 11:30 and we've gone almost 6 miles. I can't stand it "See you guys later, I'm going for a ride"
post #36 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 11:32 AM

Cool

Motorcycle Boy was dumbfounded to hear that people rode motorcycles in groups.
Just ride, and don't stop until you get to the ocean.
post #37 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 11:44 AM

Smile

I like to ride solo with my girlfriend and when she rides me on the BED!!!
post #38 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 11:54 AM

Smile Ride alone no More

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveL
I have to ride alone unless I want to ride with the Harley crowd. To ride with a bunch of Harleys is like not riding at all. A Harley 'ride' is all about stopping. It's the most frustrating thing imaginable. You meet at a Waffle House at 9:00am. Then you leave there at about 10:00 and immediately pull unto the first gas station. After filling up and smoking a dozen cigarettes and talking about wonderful their Harleys are, they finally pull out at about 10:45. Go about 5 miles and pull over in a abandoned gas station to tighten up loose parts and talk some more about how wonderful their Harleys are. Itís now about 11:30 and we've gone almost 6 miles. I can't stand it "See you guys later, I'm going for a ride"
Dave,

I know about all the Harley riders in GA. I live west of Atlanta in Douglas County. I generally ride alone, not enough sportbikers in ATL. Shoot me an e-mail or pm me. Let us see about coming up with a joint ride. Solitary riding can be about as bad as riding with Harleys, let me know.

ga_skyline_rydr

Me Big Brother, me watching you

skylinerydr- where the ground meets the sky

Today is the day of the beginning of your life, ride safe
post #39 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 12:59 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to superd
Quote:
You're cracking me up ! But that is about it with the Harley folks here in the Atlanta Georgia area !!!
post #40 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 07:24 PM

Quote:
I have to ride alone unless I want to ride with the Harley crowd. To ride with a bunch of Harleys is like not riding at all. A Harley 'ride' is all about stopping. It's the most frustrating thing imaginable. You meet at a Waffle House at 9:00am. "
Here in Florida for a Harley "rider" (HAHAHA) drinking and posing
are primary and riding(only way to get from bar to bar) is secondary. On sunday every marina or fish camp with a bar and grill is lined with Harleys. They have no choice but to ride in groups due to the frequent breakdowns they experience and being sh-t faced from all the bar stops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode