08/06/00 - Group riding vs. riding alone. - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-07-2000, 03:49 PM

I used to mostly ride alone, now it's about a 50-50 split between alone and with my wife. There are very few people I feel comfortable riding with in groups. It seems every one is entirely too crazy, or too slow.

I generally keep it about 15-20 over the speed limit here. The last group ride I went on everyone was going well over 100 in a 35 zone. I tried to keep up at first, but then I was like, "what am I doing?". I have no interest in dying trying to keep up with nuts.

------------------
Colin
FloridaSportbikers
My Home Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-07-2000, 04:33 PM
Old Guy

Talking

I prefer to do my riding alone. I don't like stopping just because others need to and I don't like riding at someone else's speed.
I would enjoy company of a woman who shares my level of enthusiasm, but since my wife doesn't (and neither did my ex-wife), I have chosen the solo route as my path to spiritual freedom...(hey, was that over the top?)
Of course, this may reflect the fact that all riding is commuting or very long distance touring. If I had interesting canyons like you find in paradise, I may have developed more of a shared experience.

------------------
-Yeeee-haaaaa!

[This message has been edited by Keith B (edited August 07, 2000).]
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-07-2000, 04:56 PM

About 50/50, and both ways has it's own set of advantages. Group rides early sunday morning are really fun, mostly because the group i ride with is generally very considerate of everyone and their ability.

------------------
Barron
2000 vfr800

Owning things is highly overrated !!!

post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-08-2000, 01:13 AM

Angry

Generally, 90% by myself which sucks! But, the group of guys I hang around with are always hard to get together, so going solo is usually the way to go. But when we do get together, there's still only 6-8 riders.

------------------
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-08-2000, 05:51 AM

Unhappy

Unfortunately I do 99% of my riding alone. I would like to ride with others, but can't seem to hook up with anyone on a regular basis. I don't have any friends who ride right now, but I'm always looking. I certainly enjoy riding by myself, but it is fun to share experiences and I'm sure that I would be able to learn from other riders. Oh well, riding alone is better than not riding at all.
Mark

------------------
BOHICA
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-08-2000, 06:16 AM

Probably 80% of my riding is by myself (commuting), and the rest is in small groups 2 to 10 at most. Most time my wife and one or two others. I agree that everytime i Go riding with one of the bigger local groups it just turns into a race and that ain't no fun. I'd rather be in a small group at a comfortable PACE then in a big group....

I prefer to ride with other people since they can share the experience with you at rest stops and such though....

Will

------------------
Will Darton
Sportbikeworld Co-Admin
http://azsportbike.net
99ZX-6e
post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-08-2000, 07:43 AM

I only ride on Sundays so I never ride alone. I ride with the same 5 guys everytime so it makes our rides better (you know how they ride and there styles).

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-08-2000, 08:10 AM

all of the above.

i commute by myself. i also ride twisties by myself.

i ride in small groups or w/1 other rider.. my preference in the twisties.

large groups of 15+ when im in town or on the interstate just cruising.

------------------
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-13-2000, 07:42 AM

Cool

First of all, I love to ride whenever I can! I wish I knew more people to go ride with, it is hard to find them among so many harley riders. I usually ride with my husband the most, I love to share the ride with someone else. I have gone on rides by myself, but it just isn't the same. See, us women like to share the experience with others whereas guys tend to not care about that and just think about themselves, so they enjoy going alone more. It's always great when you do hook up with other riders that you can feel comfortable with and not having to push it too much. It's all great!!

------------------
Connie
The curvier the better!
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-13-2000, 08:24 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i really like riding by myself. i like not having to worry about others keeping up, others walking away.

i stop when i wanna stop, go when i wanna go. it's nice. i don't mind riding with others, hell sometimes it's awesome watching all the nuts trying to race each other. but mostly, i prefer going it alone (i'll let paul or pete take care of that joke ).

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode