06/11/00 Ever had a bike stolen? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-11-2000, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Angry

Have you ever had a bike stolen? If so, was it ever found or did insurance pay off? Tell us about it!

This question was suggested by I1aCBR. Thanks for a great question, Don!

I have never had a bike or car stolen. I can only imagine the feeling of emptiness and anger you must have when this happens.

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 Honda CBR600F4
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 02:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
nope :::knocking on wood:::

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 03:27 AM

Cool

i have never owned any vehicle worth stealing. and if they did steal it, i wouldn't have cared!
until now with my ninja. nobody better touch the bike without my permission.

------------------
Amy
"Smiling from gear to gear."

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 05:22 AM
Founder

Garage
Angry

I guess I've had the worst of both worlds.

#1 1987 Porsche 911
#2 1992 ZX7

On the porsche, my insurance company (Farmers) had just dropped me (2 weeks before) because the vehicle kept getting broken into and the stereo stolen (had about $4,000 in equipment) I was in the process of finding another company to insure it when it went bye-bye. Thank God the car was paid off, but it still sucked, and I still think about my baby everytime I see one driving down the road.

The insurance paid off on the ZX7 but my Insurance company "State Farm" took about 3 months to do it.

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 05:36 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
poor poor robert. that had to suck. i'd a killed my farmers agent.

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 06:28 AM

Nope and I hope it never happens.

But if it did I would go for 929 or RC51!!!

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 07:04 AM
Pete

I just walked down to the parking garage to check, and it's still there, so no for me, too.

Robert, man, that is just pure bad luck! OUCH!

------------------
Pete
Email: [email protected]
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 07:17 AM

i had a bike stolen once. i saved a whole summer for it, a torquer 2 ??? freestyle bike. but it on my front step went in to get water & came out.. it was gone.

------------------
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 10:48 AM

I had a pretty close call once:

My bike was parked at the Convention Center for the SoCal bike show. I thought it was supposed to be a pretty secure parking area, since you had to pay to get in, and there were guys all over the place with badges on...

My friends and I were just leaving the show, and as we were walking out to where our bikes were parked, we see this guy coming straight toward us -- ON MY BIKE!

My friends were a little closer to him at that point, and they recognized the bike and went after him. He seemed to be having trouble getting going. The bike was lurching and stumbling, and my friends were able to grab the guy's arm enough to cause him to miss the gate he was heading toward. He was then trapped inside a fenced-in area, so he just bailed off the bike and hopped the fence. He jumped onto the back of a GSXR1100 that was waiting outside the gate, and they were gone...

My bike had minimal damage from falling over, and of course, a busted-out ignition switch.

Here's the clicker: The reason the guy couldn't seem to get the bike to accelerate? I had converted the shift linkage to the "GP" shift pattern, like my racebike, and the guy had been trying to launch it in 5th gear! HA HA! If it had the regular shift pattern, we never would have caught the guy, and my new FZR1000 would have been history...

(A sidenote: A few minutes later, this guy comes walking out of the convention center, looking around for his bike. What kind of bike do you have, we asked? A brand new GSXR1100, he said...)

------------------
"If you want to keep working here, Son --- stay off the drugs..."
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-12-2000, 12:35 PM

I was coming back from a 2 week vacation in San Antonio, visiting my brother, and I stopped off at Roebling Road to watch the WERA races. I was leaving the hotel room to head out for the 2nd day at the track and my bike was gone. The police were nice enough to take me to the track and I got a ride home with a couple of friends who were there racing that weekend back to Charleston, S.C.

I have also had 2 cars stolen 1 - from the front of my house and 2 - from the mall parking lot. # 1 got back the next day, when the thief left my car for a test ride on a motorcycle and he never came back. #2 police found it floating in a lake, just off the boat ramp.
Insurance paid off on all 3

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
38 speeding tickets and still counting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode