How does your spouse feel about Sportbikes. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

How does your spouse feel about Sportbikes.

I was bored and cleaning my already clean F3 one cold day recently when my normally quiet kind Wife of 20 years (who hates the fact that I've fallen in love with sportbike riding) yells to me "If that thing had a hole you'd F it", "I've seen everything" and something about being pathetic (not sure because I closed the door) when she noticed I was cleaning and sweeping the area where my bike is stored while the rest of the garage looks like a scrap yard. Anyone have spouse story surrounding your interest in sportbikes/riding. Obviously I'm bored again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 07:13 AM

my wife is the same way. (she's 22) she insist that i am going to find a better looking girl or some thing and she will be reading a book and i go to the garage and the madness begens. i guess i should find more stuff to do my daughter (2) and my wife but come on its michigan. there is nothing to do. i'm bored to
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 07:17 AM

My wife says that about all my vehicles!

A few ccs short of a full litre.

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 07:34 AM

"Will you get out of the damn garage, that thing can't get any cleaner!"

"If I ever find out you have been riding wheelies, speeding, or anything that is unsafe your going to be sorry!"

"You bought something else for that damn bike." "I wish you would stop wasting the money on that death trap. I'm going to the store, I need some more make-up and hair spray!"

I have heard it all. She is getting a little better, but damn sure won't even get on it in the garage let alone ride with me. To bad
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 09:14 AM

The G/F loves the bike. Had to buy her a riding jacket for her birthday so she could ride with me more (Icon Kitty - Pink). I hate riding 2 up, but oh well, sounds like I'm better off than you guys.

"If you don't love my bike you don't love me" Tear, tear, sniff...

Another thing, for X-mas she built me this little bank and put $100 bucks in it to go towards new exhaust... Sweeet.

-M-

Last edited by mstrand_68; 02-18-2006 at 09:35 AM.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 03:09 PM

My wife hates the fact that I'm so into motorcycles but other than that, she likes to ride with me. We've been known to scrape a peg or two riding 2-up!
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by bhartwig32
"Will you get out of the damn garage, that thing can't get any cleaner!"

"If I ever find out you have been riding wheelies, speeding, or anything that is unsafe your going to be sorry!"

"You bought something else for that damn bike." "I wish you would stop wasting the money on that death trap. I'm going to the store, I need some more make-up and hair spray!"

I have heard it all. She is getting a little better, but damn sure won't even get on it in the garage let alone ride with me. To bad
Christ, you scared the shit outa me I thought see was on the board.............
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by farmj
Christ, you scared the shit outa me I thought see was on the board.............
Not even close...I got her on the back once and at 25 mph she made me pull over so she could get off.

Don't get me wrong, my wife has stuck by me through 10 years in the military and is a great mother to our two boys. She puts up with me and I'd be lost without her....but I still get in as much seat time as I can.
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 09:57 PM

Spouse and bikes

Spouse knew before we even got married that mortorcycles are a big part of who I am and that they always would be. It was part of the package.

We have kind of a don't ask, don't tell policy. Although, I suspect that she knows more about the crazy shit I do more than I think she does.

In all fairness, she's a pretty good sport about it. She has a motorcycle license and actually owned a Ninja 500R for a while. She's seen 140mph on the back of the ZX-11 and actually thought it was a pretty cool experience.

Last edited by zxrider; 02-18-2006 at 10:00 PM.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 03:05 AM

my soon to be wife is going for her licence and the msf course this spring and will be riding 1 of my older bikes to learn on a 85 cb700sc, but she realy hates what my 954 is capibol of doing and doesnt want to hear anything about it and said she will never get on it hehehe i hate riding 2 up.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode