How does your spouse feel about Sportbikes. - Page 5 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 09:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to OneKneeDown
thats one of Chris's 2 bikes that I got my feet wet on 2 wheels, and got me into CB's (hence the 750 purchase). Love that f*cking bike.

1997 Chevy S10ss (sold)
1995 Eclipse GS-T (sold)
1998 Yamaha Zuma(retired)
1978 Honda CB750four (project cafe-racer)
1990 Silverado Z71 White Lightnin!

"young kids... old school." a mans outlook on Chris (Xx954HxCafexX) and I pulling up on the old (yet still very badass) Hondas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 02:26 PM

No Problem

My wife is cool with it, cause we have been together 11 years married and 12 together and she knows that besides my family that is my other love. I just returned from Iraq (for the 3rd time) and she laughed cause I had a picture of the family with me and a pic of the bike. Yea yea........good luck to all the grouch spouses
post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Not married (thank God) but whenever things start to get serious, I have "the talk" which consists of telling them that I will more than likely be out riding on 95% of the nice days, and they can either accept that, or go their own way. I had a bike before they came along, and as far as I'm concerned, if I have to choose sides, I'm going to keep the one that doesn't bitch about the other.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers

post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
Not married (thank God) but whenever things start to get serious, I have "the talk" which consists of telling them that I will more than likely be out riding on 95% of the nice days, and they can either accept that, or go their own way. I had a bike before they came along, and as far as I'm concerned, if I have to choose sides, I'm going to keep the one that doesn't bitch about the other.

I think there has to be two way acceptance of each others habits etc. I don't care if a lady hates motorcycles, but if she comes to the track and hangs with me and my friends and all some of the time, it's workable.

Dan
1991 FZR 1000 - built 1040 with race cams, Akrapovic full exhaust, and mild suspension work
2004 YZF R1 - Graves full exhaust, velocity stacks, BMC race filter, and Power Commander. Rear Ohlins. Forks rblt with Race Tech springs and Gold Valves.
2005 20th Anniversary V-Max (0098/2000) - T boost,
2005 YZF R6 track bike - Graves full exhaust, Race Tech suspension
post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:46 PM

Talking Second love of our lives!

My husband loves his R1 ! He loves riding so much he bought me a 250 ninja about a year after he mastered his. I only started riding because he wanted us to do it together. BuTTT, now, I love it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmj View Post
I was bored and cleaning my already clean F3 one cold day recently when my normally quiet kind Wife of 20 years (who hates the fact that I've fallen in love with sportbike riding) yells to me "If that thing had a hole you'd F it", "I've seen everything" and something about being pathetic (not sure because I closed the door) when she noticed I was cleaning and sweeping the area where my bike is stored while the rest of the garage looks like a scrap yard. Anyone have spouse story surrounding your interest in sportbikes/riding. Obviously I'm bored again!
post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba_d_duck View Post
my wife is the same way. (she's 22) she insist that i am going to find a better looking girl or some thing and she will be reading a book and i go to the garage and the madness begens. i guess i should find more stuff to do my daughter (2) and my wife but come on its michigan. there is nothing to do. i'm bored to
Your wife just needs a little TLC Tell her shes the only one for you, and then your moto, is your second love!
post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 10:45 PM

Oh!
Its nice!
Good Luck to you and to your wife!
By the way this is Joselito!
And Im new in this site!
I hope to see you soon Guys!
Thanks!...
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 07:48 AM

My wife enjoys riding with me, but I know she's scared to death of what might happen to me. She knows I'm more aggressive when she's not with me, and living in vacation hell, I know, unnerves her sometimes.
post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
Not married (thank God) but whenever things start to get serious
WHAT ?

things have at some point gotten serious ?

there may be hope for you yet mate

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
Abraham Lincoln
post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKninjaZX9 View Post
WHAT ?

things have at some point gotten serious ?

there may be hope for you yet mate
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

No, there's no hope

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode