How does your spouse feel about Sportbikes. - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 07:03 PM

After a serious (I mean really bad) accident, my wife still let me get another bike when I was ready.

Love is great. And my wife loves my calves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 07:07 AM

Been riding since I was 21 (48 now). TBO ("The Blonde One"), loves the bikes, '00 VFR and '85 V 65 Sabre. The faster we go and the farther we lean it over the more she likes it. We make at least 2 trips a year down to the Gap, one of them is always a weeks vacation in the early fall. She will even critique my riding from the pillion. A few years ago we had a minor accident, (riding tired - wide in a corner - off the road across the ditch - down in the field- nothing to major, bent bars, broken signals, broken pegs.), and all she said was "Is it ridable? Pick that damn thing up and lets go." Gotta Love Her!

"on the gas, on the brakes, or on the footpegs!"
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 08:27 PM

my old lady is really not happy about me having any bike.

Oh well

post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 04:55 AM

i actually bought mine without my G/F knowing and she hates the damn thing, says everytime she pulls into the garage she wants to smash it with the car. i tell her if it happens, she's out the door (my house) i am looking at getting a cruiser for both of us to ride, that should help her out. as for buying things for the bike, i make twice as much as her so i get stuff when i want it. like my new leather jacket and soon to be new helmet.
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 07:56 PM

well my wife doesnt mind me having a bike she knows ive always been into cars so now that im mingling in bikes she doesnt mind.

today we went around the parking lot together got to maybe 20 and she didnt seem to mind. i just want to get another helmet so we can both have one for the road
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 11:46 PM

My Fiance got it bad... I'm into bikes(lots of hours riding etc), guitars(lots of hours practising) and computers(lots of hours playing).

She likes to hop on the back when we go riding. She got her license a few months back. When the money is there I will buy her a bike.
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 04:21 AM
DMD

I just had my one year anniversary, and my wife asks if I want anything special. I said, how 'bout a little nookie and a motorcycle? She said Okay to both!
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 11:14 AM

I didnt think I caught much crap for riding, till the other nite.

Since I dont really feel like reposting it, here

http://sbw.sportbikes.com/showthread...threadid=58324
post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 05:45 AM

I was sent on buying a 4 wheeler new Bombarier 800 has the second seat on it. Took my wife for a ride that night we talked about it and she talked me into a bike. About a week later I found the 929 at a local shop not on consignment just stored there for this the second season. The owner just said sell it. So I low balled an offer he took it cash and me nor my wife have regreted it so far. Although I see the look of disappointment when I head out for a day in the twisties and she is heading to the mall with the kids. But I come home and we head out for a while and its all good.
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:11 AM

My wife and I have a dont ask dont tell policy. I dont tell her about all the close calls and she doesnt ask. Other than that she really doesnt mind me having my bike. She wont even get on the thing. An uncle or somebody gave her a ride on a dirtbike when she was younger and scared the shit out of her. Since then she really has no intrest in them. But she knows theyre part of the deal and agreed to getting the oldest boy his first dirtbike this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode