How does your spouse feel about Sportbikes. - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 05:19 AM

My g/f of two years (shes 17, im 18 so that makes me not a sicko) isnt really a big fan of me riding sportbikes, she would rather i have a cruiser or an old person bike. Probably because the only action she has seen on a bike was when her brother took her for a ride on his gixxer and went 135mph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 08:47 AM

One of my friends is retired from the army and now works at a local shop. He bought a new ducati 749 last year and his wife has been non stop bitching at him. But he goes "as long as I let her buy those damn 300 dollar designer jeans, I get to keep my toy" Talk about a trade off.
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 11:33 AM

My fiance used to ride on the back of mine every once in a while but she says her eyes are closed most of the time. She is happier putting around on her Savage by herself.

I get more hell for not working on hers than working on my vehicles.

post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 02:10 PM

Mrs Tree and I actually decided together that we were going to get a bike, mainly to reduce my fuel bill for work. We got our licences at the same time and, until recently, had a bike each.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 04:18 AM

get her one of these!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bikes-06 004.jpg (91.2 KB, 161 views)
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 08:41 AM

When I got my bike my girl (23) loved it...scared to death to get on it but loved it. First time she hoped on back we took it slow, went 1 block & got up to 20 mph then she was screaming for me to let her off. Now she loves riding & I'm sure ppl behind us don't mind the view either. Have caught plenty of wide eyed ppl staring. Now she wants to learn & then eventually get her own bike (love my bike too much to let her learn on my sh*t.) My daughter (4) loves riding as much as I do. She still doesn't understand why she can't ride with me on the hwy though. But I have caught some sh*t recently for buying things for my bike. Just got into our new house & she doesn't understand why sh*t for bikes cost so much...come to think of it neither do I?
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 09:30 AM

My wife does not care to ride on the back of my CBR 900. So I bought a Suzuki Volusia also and put a sissy bar on the back for her. Which is fine with me because I dont like to give rides on the sport bike. Just gotta change costumes when I go from bike to bike.
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 06:02 AM

I was looking at new bikes and found a good price on a ZZR 600, but my wife and I decided to wait until after we finished building our house to buy one. She borrowed a trailer and drove from GA to NC with our 3 kids and bought it and brought it home. She had the neighbor help her unload it and hide it until later that night when she couldn't take it anymore and told me. I had no idea.
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mkeeney
I was looking at new bikes and found a good price on a ZZR 600, but my wife and I decided to wait until after we finished building our house to buy one. She borrowed a trailer and drove from GA to NC with our 3 kids and bought it and brought it home. She had the neighbor help her unload it and hide it until later that night when she couldn't take it anymore and told me. I had no idea.
Mate, if she wasn't already married and if I wasn't about to get married.... well, you know what I mean.

You've got a great lady there.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 08:58 AM

My wife has never compained about my bikes. I've always had had them....from the age of three, yep that's "3". There in my DNA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode