Sportbike World banner

Crazy bike!

4K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  slowrat 
#1 ·
What do you think about this bike guys?
It certainly looks different, the rider is completely faired in. In order to get off the bike there are quite a few bodywork panels that need removing first :D
Anybody knows what it is, when it was made or it's top speed?

Aris

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
hint...

If somebody wants to try to find it, there is a writing on the bike that can be helpfull. But not much, otherwise I would have removed it as well :D

2nd hint.
It's not the Pirelli decal I'm talking about ;)

#8 · (Edited)
It's not a college project at all. It was built by a highly respected worldwide expert chassis builder and tuner and it produced 250 PS using petrol only and 300ps with nitro.
And that was in 1986!
Here are some more pictures:

Attachments

#11 ·
The answer is...

It's the Fritz Egli-Colani Turbo special.
It never achieved the speed that they had as target (300km/h), but was reall yfast for the time. (1986)

Under the fancy bodywork there is a Kawasaki air coooled KZ engine bored to 1425cc and Turbo producing 250 PS.
With Nitrous it was producing 300PS.
Apparently there were some brteathing and overheating problems.

Check it out at :
http://www.egli-shop.com/presse/colani.html
http://www.egli-shop.com/presse/cc.html
http://www.micapeak.com/DPG/custom/egli/pix.html

There are some nice pictures, but it's all in German :(
If I could I would translate some of the stuff, but unfortunately I don't speak German at all.

Aris

#14 ·
FZR400Tony said:
boy, one good cross wind.

okay, it makes big horsepower and the rider has to push it as much as he rides it. it's gotta be a kawasaki.
oops, didn't see page two.... :rolleyes: :crying:

but my kawasaki guess was dead on the money. i thought it would be a gpz900/1000 powered bike though.

#15 ·
FZR400Tony said:
boy, one good cross wind.

okay, it makes big horsepower and the rider has to push it as much as he rides it. it's gotta be a kawasaki.
You got close enough to become the winner of this trivia!

If you look at the pictures in the sites above, you can see the good old KZ motor, trying its best on this monster. Not even water cooled!

Aris

#16 ·
ariszr7 said:

You got close enough to become the winner of this trivia!

If you look at the pictures in the sites above, you can see the good old KZ motor, trying its best on this monster. Not even water cooled!

Aris
250hp is why i thought gpz power, i figured a turbo and air-cooled wasn't too smart.

hey, i won one!!! take that JOHN!!! :eek: :p

#17 ·
FZR400Tony said:

250hp is why i thought gpz power, i figured a turbo and air-cooled wasn't too smart.

hey, i won one!!! take that JOHN!!! :eek: :p

Tony it seems that you thought better than they did! :cool:
Their biggest problem was that the engine was overheating and couldn't even breathe normally with all this enclosed bodywork.

Aris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.