11/13/01 - Is Harley V-Rod a sportbike? - Page 5 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 09:54 PM

Power Crusier

And the so-called Harley Riders hate it. It is a small step in the right direction for the performance Rider but light years away from being competitive in any regard.

Harley is a status seekers bike or a shit bike for a mid life change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-06-2003, 09:46 PM

Not even close to a sportbike. A good rider on a $7000 Magna would beat it in the 1/4. And that is 80's technology. Speaking of 80's tech, my GS500 is only .3 seconds slower according to magazine tests.
post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-07-2003, 05:26 AM

Do you consider the Harley V-Rod to be a sportbike?
NO

post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 06:37 PM

Talking ??????????

Sportbike?????????????
Ha,ha,ha,ha.that's a good one LMAO!!!

JIM
post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 11:37 AM

Harley says it's a cruiser... Motorcycle industry says it's a cruiser... Every magazine, TV show, and web page says it's a cruiser.

This isn't a hard one to ponder over - it's a cruiser. Just because it has a radiator doesn't make it a sportbike.
post #46 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 10:13 PM

Talking Harley

No its a heavy cruiser and its not fast.I beat a guy last summer that was revving his motor at me like he had something.I had a passenger on the back also.
post #47 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 10:24 PM

what boggled my mind with a v-rodder is that they said they could take me past the 1/4?

anyway...HD sucks
post #48 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 05:21 AM

Guys,

Like all of you, I once hated everything with a H-D badge on it. There really is no reason for us to dog on them so bad. If you do dog on them, then dont get mad when they dog on your pretty little sport bikes. Different strokes for different folks. Anyway, I recently rode a V-ROD. I hated all things cruiser until this bike. I fell in love with it the moment i pulled out of the parking lot. I felt so relaxed, it was so smooth, and plenty powerful. I would swear up and down it was faster then the Buell XB12R. 610lbs wet 110rwhp but it can't handle-- i was going 25mph around a curve and the pegs scrapped. No im not buying a bike for $18,000 I would be pretty hard pressed to buy anything over $5000. I like sport tourers... but i can now see a sport cruiser in my future.

They aren't sport bikes--it shouldnt even be a question. Please -- don't knock things you haven't tried or dont know squat about. Its that same attitude that pisses you off when a guy on a cruiser talks smack about a sport bike.
post #49 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 06:59 AM

It's a cruiser for sure. It seems nobody loves the v-rod. Harley people don't think it is a real harley, but it is their best bike!
post #50 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 05:24 PM

Hi All-

Not a sportbike, but I would love to have one in the stable for days I don't feel like "Ricky Racing" around town...as my parents' generation used to say about speeders.

The monochromatic silver/gray appearance is sweet and the angles seem to "flow" pretty well...even if the controls are pitched a bit forward. All in all, I would consider it a very nice ride and a welcome change for going out to look at the leaves changing in the autumn.

~ Blue Jays ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode