10/23/01 - Helmet or no? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Question 10/23/01 - Helmet or no?

Do you always wear a helmet? Ever ridden without one?

I pretty much always wear my helmet, even if just running a quick errand. I have, however, ridden without one but only on the infield at the race track or moving the bike around in a parking lot. I don't see how it's comfortable to ride much without one. The bug I took in the head yesterday would have really hurt without a helmoet on, not to mention wind noise and wind burn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 11:33 PM

Choices

I've no choice in the matter as it's compulsory here. Although I used to ride off-road a lot of the time without one, I must say that I do prefer to wear one as those damn bugs hurt !
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 12:05 AM

I always, always, always wear a helmet. I think once you've seen an accident where the rider didn't wear one, you always will too. I think I read somewhere that 70% of all accidents occur within 5 miles of home - whether it's your fault or not, you go down without a helmet and you'll pay the price. Just my $.02.

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 12:32 AM

I used to ride without a helmet alot. Then I hit a dog one night doing 85mph, and I went down. I was lucky, cause I had been out street racing that night, and had brought a helmet with me for a change. I wear one everytime I go out now.....
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 12:34 AM

Couldn't have said it any better myself Bonk............I took a spill skateboarding and smacked my melon.......that was two years-ago and I still have problems from it.........your thinker is no match for asphalt or guardrails........
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 12:45 AM

I got hit with a junebug the size of a golfball once. If I didn't have a helmet on it was have dented my thick skull! As it was, I nearly got knocked off the bike.
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 01:09 AM

Thumbs up

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wear the helmet. I put mine on as soon as I roll the bike out of the garage.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 01:40 AM

Also...

Was on my way home from work last night, rolled up to a light. Several cars ahead of me, I saw a guy (maybe 18) with his girl on the back. Neither had helmets on. To top things off, he's got on his leather jacket.

I hate it when peeps don't wear their skull, but it's even worse when you see the pilot wearing his and his girl wearing glasses. How cruel. "Hey, come ride with me, but if we crash, i'm gonna live....."

Oh well.

P
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 06:45 AM

I always wear my helmet!! I just don't get people who don't either!!
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 09:25 AM

Always

After totaling a bike about 3 mos ago, and landing on my skidlid, and it cracking (really) I'll never go without again.

And for the record, I was exactly 3 blocks from home at 7am on a clear Sunday morning.

Yes, it did ruin the little rainbow sticker!

Buck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode