09/29/01 - What kind of tires are your favorites? - Page 5 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 09:39 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 9
This is the best place Ive found for tires.

http://www.discountmotorcycletire.com

$108 for a 180/55 Metzler Sportek M1

Anybody seen anywhere better?
SandmanR1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 06:31 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally posted by SandmanR1
This is the best place Ive found for tires.

http://www.discountmotorcycletire.com

$108 for a 180/55 Metzler Sportek M1

Anybody seen anywhere better?
thats damn good... i bought mine for 120...but how much is shipping????
kawboyzx7rr is offline  
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 06:35 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally posted by kawboyzx7rr
thats damn good... i bought mine for 120...but how much is shipping????
cant remember. I think they have a toll free #, but not quite sure about shipping off the top of my head. I think its about average $10 - $15.
SandmanR1 is offline  
 
post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 08:12 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally posted by SandmanR1
cant remember. I think they have a toll free #, but not quite sure about shipping off the top of my head. I think its about average $10 - $15.
ok there you go... id rather pay a few xtra dollars and tax... to have it done the same day, rather than save a few and wait for it to be shipped out..

but that just me
kawboyzx7rr is offline  
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 05:53 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally posted by kawboyzx7rr
ok there you go... id rather pay a few xtra dollars and tax... to have it done the same day, rather than save a few and wait for it to be shipped out..

but that just me
Ya I actually ended up paying $170 for my last rear, mounted and tax, beacuse I couldnt wait 5 days for it to get here, next time ill plan alittle better.
SandmanR1 is offline  
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 08:54 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 93
My Favorite Tyres

Tried some new tyres on the Market Very Impressed Pirelli Diablo Corsa's, great feel excellent grip good wearing reasonable wet weather grip simular to Metzler M1's but longer lasting.

Well worth a run, I now have these on both my RSVR and ZX9R excellent on the track.
Garry is offline  
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 12:29 AM
Dad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pittsburgh Pa
Posts: 4,230
Re: My Favorite Tyres

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry
Tried some new tyres on the Market Very Impressed Pirelli Diablo Corsa's, great feel excellent grip good wearing reasonable wet weather grip simular to Metzler M1's but longer lasting.
"Ditto"... with great conviction!

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
Dad is offline  
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 03:34 AM
Registered User
 
monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sportbike World
Posts: 3,052
2 words CHENG-SHIN

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
monkey is offline  
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 10:22 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6
Thumbs up Tires

Dunlop 208's or pilot's are sweet just make sure your always up on your tire pressure or you'll toast your tires quick.Iwasted my front tire that was a 207 in the same time as my rear because of low air pressure.
2FAST4YOU is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome