09/29/01 - What kind of tires are your favorites? - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 05:03 PM

I've been running 207GP's on my SV sence I wore out the stock POS M4s. Their a great tire for my riding style (agressive canyon strafing), but I'm changing them more often then I change the oil... So, I've been hearing great things about the new rensports (M1), I'll be putting a set of those on in about a week or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 07:34 AM

I had the Dunlop D207GP ones. They were ok as long as you heat them up before....
Here where I live the temp. is too low most of the year.

Since I drive on public roads most, I changed my worn out D207's in for Bridgestone BT-012SS. These are more stable riding in a straight line and conering are no problems so far.
Also, since the tire contains a lot of Silica, the tire provides a lot of grip even cold. It's said that these tires last longer too because of this 'Silica'.

Until now I have found no problems whatsoever with these new BT-012. They on my bike for 3 weeks now (2000 km).

If on the track, maybe the BT-001 would be my choice.
( I'm not sponsered by Bridgestone
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-29-2002, 06:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to Rodm850g
Smile what tire ?

Looks lie a lot of guys are on dunlops,good skin,for the money I have been on Metzeler for 5 years now and am currently on a set of Sport tec M1's,last set of tires was Rennsports,just like the Pirelli Corsa....less cuts.....Good feed back,from the rennsports not best for wet weather but ,well who cares,ew try not to ride or get caught in the rain.....They have almmost 21/2 inches of side wall w/out cut one on it and as sticky as they are they stick....Let those pin head writers out on the left side of the country blather on...we ride these bikes hard enough to warm them up! When I notice some gip going away its usually with enough notice to let you have another chance.....Most of the crashes I've seen this year were guys on OEM stones....not the new one but the 57's...you know the ones.....I may try the Michelin Pilot Sport ,after I wear ouit the M-1's.....

damn all this talking/typing crap I'm going riding...
which one

post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 06:26 AM

Pilots but I have 208's on the RC and I'm not sure if I dig them or not yet.
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 11:41 AM

Smile

I personally like the Michelin Macadam 100X and the BT020 for the kind of riding I do on my R1 and Honda ST (sport touring)

post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 04:15 AM

I have tried 207;s, they are ok. I also tried battleaxes, did'nt get much mileage out of the battleaxes. The 207's have to big of a contact patch on the bottom. So I like the pilot sports better. They are more round than the 207's and I think handle better. You can really tell the difference in the two. I have heard good things about those Metzlers too so I will try those after my pilots go out.
Peace!
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 09:28 AM

I had perelli dragon GTS' on my GSX750R for one summer with a 190 rear, and when I wore those out I bought a set of pilot race with a 180 rear and it was amazing how much easier it was to turn in on the pilots, and grip was more than enough. The quicker turn in because of the higher profile is what i like about them best though. And if you put a little more air pressure in them (somewhere around 38psi in both is where I run them) they wear a lot better, and still have plenty of grip to grind your pegs to a sparking stub! Great tires for my style of riding and bike. There is one thing that I don't like aboutthem...no stoppies, or wheelies until they've warmed up a few miles!
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-17-2003, 11:20 PM

M1's. I have had 207ZR's and BT56SS's and for sure the M1's warm up quicker and offer more grip. Today tires have become so great it's almost imposible to buy a "bad" tire. Everybody has thier preference though.
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 01:10 PM

I'm a life long Dunlop fan..... though I have tried the Michelin Pilots and they are extremely sticky too.
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 02:02 PM

Question FAVORITE TIRE?

WELL MY BIKE HAD THE BTO'S 10R 190'S BATTLAXX REST IN PEACE. .. LASTED ABOT 3,500 MILES. I DNT RIDE TRACK SO I NOW HAVE THE DUNLOP 180. DONT KNOW YET WHAT I THINK ABOUT EM' confused:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode