09/29/01 - What kind of tires are your favorites? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-26-2001, 12:05 PM

My favorite tire depends on which bike I'm riding, and where.

When I'm riding my F3 on the track I like the Pirelli Corsa race tires best. I've tried Bridgestone BT010s and Dunlop 207ZRs on it also, and they're both excellent tires. The Pirellis give me better front end feedback, and are far more planted in fast corners, especially Turn 1 at Thunderhill.

When I'm riding my Triumph on the street I like the 207ZRs. The stock BT020s are quite good, but the profile of the 207s makes it easier to turn in, which is important on a realitively heavy bike with a long wheelbase. On the track I like 207GPs in the Triumph for the same reason. The Triumph also has better front end feel than the F3 so the Dunlops make a good fit for it. I'll try Pirellis on the Triumph next year and see how they work, but I suspect the Dunlops are a better tire for the Triumph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-23-2002, 05:58 PM

Bridgestone BTO1O....best tires Ive had on the R1 yet for trackdays and road use both
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-23-2002, 06:02 PM

I just put on a set of Metzler Rennsport take offs. I'm VERY impressed. The handling is so neutral. Very comfortable. When braking at high lean agles, they don't snap you upright, just a gentle upward pressure. I haven't pushed them yet to find a traction limit. I suspect I'm gonna have a hard time finding it on the street.

post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-23-2002, 07:43 PM

without doubt the best tires for street (since i don't ride on the track) is the DUNLOP 207 and the cheapest if you know where to look.
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-23-2002, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by krazy_f4_rider
without doubt the best tires for street (since i don't ride on the track) is the DUNLOP 207 and the cheapest if you know where to look.
K...I have a problem with this statement..how on earth can you say the 207's...or any tire for that matter is THE best...and who cares about being cheap, when they are the ONLY things between you and the asphault..??????

Lets get real here, riding bikes is expensive..and yeah tires cost, get the cheapest ya can find..the ones that are out of round, have been sitting in a warehouse for a yr....ect..

Yur riding habits/style will/shoud dictate what tire works best for you...comuter..harder compound/less grip..canyon carver..more GRIP..rear is usually shot in 2k mi or so..they will also turn/grip and take bumps in different ways..example...I know a real fast rider that loves BT56ss..ask most riders that do canyons/track days..and they will puke at the mention of BT56ss..some swear by 207's or 208's and that's fine..recently, the Rennsports have been getting great reviews form club racers to canyon carvers, over in the land of OZ..Pilot's are concidered the tires of choice..So unless yur statement was in jest..I suggest you research a tad before making statments like the above one..

Just FYI..I've had 207's, I currently have Pilot's ..my next set will be Suppercorsa's..same as the Rennsports, different tread pattern..didn't care for the 207's, the Pilots are O.K...I rode a bike with the Supercorsa's and can say they are an excellent tire, as are most tire for their intended use....

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-23-2002, 08:27 PM

alright hammer now that you have your panties in a wad over the 207's...i am pretty sure the subject is "what is YOUR favorite tire"
so i am pretty sure that my statement was quite ok...but no hard feelings --k--
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-23-2002, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by krazy_f4_rider
alright hammer now that you have your panties in a wad over the 207's...i am pretty sure the subject is "what is YOUR favorite tire"
so i am pretty sure that my statement was quite ok...but no hard feelings --k--
Wasn't about the 207's...read yur post..it was about yur statement....."without a doubt the best tires for the street is the".........

Does that quailfiy as my favorite tires..??...

Plus I like my panties just the way they are ..thank you very much...

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 08:59 PM

are we talking about panties or tires, my favorite panties are victorias secret, my favorite tires are 207's, but i might try the metzlers next.
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 07:29 PM

I know this is kinda late..but..I've had the Supercorsa's on for awhile now, both on the street, and 3 track dayz..SC2 in frt.(soft race) and the hard race in the rear..granted the ride is a tad harsh on the road..but they do give good feedback, ah they grip..so..now these are my faves..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 12:00 PM

My favs are my Pirelli Corsas also, only downside is they were down as fast as a pencil eraser!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode