5 Hour Ride?

• Yes, sounds like fun

Votes: 20 100.0%
  • No, fool, you'll go sterile on such a long ride

Votes: 0 0.0%

YOU DECIDE: 5 hour ride today?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Smitty 
#1 ·
Ok, I'm contemplating taking my 919 to Cobleskill, NY for the weekend. Five hours, one way! It's a fabulous ride up there with plenty of crazy twisties upon arrival. What do ya'll think?

#4 ·
YES. After all it was a BEAUTIFUL day this Saturday & I put in 6 hrs on my Honda 929 & felt GREAT-----going at some mean speeds on the hwys & simply love these mtn roads with all the ups & down plus bends galore in them.

Not to sure of the weather I overdressed a bit & so at the turn-around point I removed a long sleeve jersy I was wearing under a light sweatshirt along with a towel I wear around th neck as a muffler. Should have used a Joe Rocket jacket without a liner (have one sitting there as I hate the liner on the older model) & a pair of not so warm boots. Man I just kept on riding & riding.

Just know that at the h/gun range to-morrow I will feel the strain in the shoulders & same at the gym on Monday bt man that was a beautiful ride & in all honest I could still be riding right now, but that would have been to much.

Price of petrol is down 4 pennies a L so that is 16 cents a gallon since some 4-5 hrs on the bike last Thursday & I found a unique place for a cuppa. Is over 100 yrs old (that is old in Western Cdn), a maze of oil, water colour paintings, very relaxing seats & good coffee at 25 cents less pr mug & as many as one wants PLUS from some regulars there claim meals are tops so sometime in the future I might stop off to have an early supper & then continue on home which would be rare for me as I cook all my own meals & do not go out to restaurants but this place intrigued me.

#6 ·
I say go for it. I will work fo 10 hours and still go for a 4 hour ride. The weather has been so nice in maine lately that I have taken two days a week of from work for the past two weeks (very rare for me) and have just spent them riding all of maine and vermont. Just plan it out and you wont regret it.

#7 ·
It was worth the journey to and fro. I'll post pics after I get them developed.

#8 ·
Glad to hear it payed off. That really brings the confidence into one's riding after they have made one or more such runs AND tells you to do more.

Often I will see freshly cut hay & will pull off to the shoulder of the road, take off the helmet to take in the lovely smell & really soak in the scenery.

#10 ·
Well, I used a 35mm to take these pics, but I don't think I can resize them w/o screwing them up here. So here's one to summarize the experience...

Attachments

#11 ·
Actually, these aren't too bad...

Attachments

#12 ·
and then...

Attachments

#13 ·
finally...

Attachments

#14 ·
NOW you know what it is like to ride more then 20 minutes. So keep it up & get to know your better roads along with how to ride them with confidence.

Bet if you could talk to your bike it would be thanking you for the run ----- you know they are almost human or at least animal like. I know for mine is sending up sounds & I am getting to understand it!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.