Sportbike World banner

Wonderful Autumn weather is here.

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Smitty 
#1 ·
That means one dresses up warm in the morning for the cooler art of the day & ready to open up &/or peal off some around noon till around 4:00pm. I am basing this on Pacific time & this is only of interest to those in Canada & northern parts of the States.

The last few days have seen me taking off more gear from under & thankfully my 929 has a good storage area uner the saddle, yet a bungee cargo net can come into play & so will a tank bag.

Thing is to not become chilled or sweating in these quick temperture changes of the day. YES Autumn is probably the best riding weather for us m/cists along with so many of the tourists & their kids being back home & not on the hwys.

#2 ·
Although you specified Canada & the N. West I can't help but note it's in the high 80's here in BAKErsfield @ 7:06 : PM & "Autumn" is a month away @ least. But when "Autumn" gets here I'm sure I'll share your sentiments :)

#3 ·
Steve we have been through some very strange hot weather like no rain since sometime in Jan & this is a record. All water resivours are running dry & restrictions are being put on water usage to the extreme of my area where there is no watering of the lawns, trees, flowers, but one can water their vegitable garden by hand hose with a hand shut-off, no swiming pools, no hot tubs, no wadding pools, no washing of windows, sides of houses or vehicles & this has been in effect for around two months.

Also we have had a maze of wild forest fires in the interior of B.C., Canada for some three months now & it has swept through small towns to even hit two of the largest cities in the Interior being Kamloops & Kelowna to were Kelowna had to evacuate 1/3 of its population & quite a number of houses were burned down to the foundations (something like 238 I believe). Besides other fire crews from other parts of B.C., along with their pumper rigs, also the army & airforce are in working along with the forestry people in going after hot spots.

At many small or large (well for our area) it is not uncommon to see 3 to 8 amphibious waterbombers being serviced along with a maze of choppers also in action.

On water we will not see water till the Spring run-off being around April so that is some 7 plus months away IF we obtain a decent snow pack & last two yrs have been very little snow.

To start receiving some cooler days brings me into the thought of Autumn.

#5 ·
Wait till Winter hits us & THEN you can really rub it in BanditBoy for all our bikes will be put away for some months & by this time we will be frothing at the bitt.
Have met your type before. One chap on another m/c board has the daily temp reading each time he puts down a Thread or Post. LOL

#7 ·
I rode my bike in to work today and froze my boyz almost off its fricken cold out this morning 9-16-03 , but it was still a good ride the sun was shining and everything just cold ! :crying: . but when the snow flies its out onto the ice wiht the dirt bike and then theres snow boarding so I can't complain to much owell untill then I will be riding just gota dress alittle warmer .

#8 ·
ditch: At my age my days of skiing are long gone. Was a competive skier in Downhill & Giant Slalom. To be closer along with mountaineering I set-up a sport shop in Banff National Park in Alberta Canada for 9 yrs then moved out here in '63. Tried to keep on skiing hard, but old blowen knee gave trouble & then did in the other knee & that was the end of skiing as both shocks were gone. Loved it & liked when we would go up into the glaciers & ski in late July or early August.

All I can do not is h/gun shoot at an indoor range every week so that means cleaning guns & reloading. Man it is a pain to become old!!!!!!

#9 ·
smitty: :hello:sorry to here no more skiing for you that would drive me nuts if there was something I use to do and now I couldn't . Is there anything that you haven't done competively ? I use to race down hill and slalom for my high school team back in the late 80's early 90's but I stoped doing that by my own choice . well atleast you can still do something in the winter (go to the shooting range) . well till the snow flies ride like hell !:burnout:

#10 ·
This should be the best two months of riding in the year, around here, being September & October. Mind you one needs to know how to dress properly.
Only put in around 3.5 hrs on my 600r.

Started off cloudy with some blue spots, but COLD still I was dressed for the temp., then on comes showers, a bit heavier rain, shows only with snow flakes & next is snow, back to showers & finally into place that I have my cuppa.

Back home & more showers, to some rain, the snow has gone, but by the time I hit my area it is dead dry ------ man we simply do not get rain in my area. Frigging strange.

#11 ·
Yeah this is a great season to ride. But it doesn't last, and you know what's right around the corner.

*Begins to wax snowboard*:D :D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.