Sportbike World banner

900ss or GSXR750

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Trigga 
#1 ·
I found both a 93 900ss and 95 GSXR 750. I need help deciding. The GSXR looks the best in my opinion but looks arent every thing.
Any advise helps.

#2 ·
Apples and Oranges

That's quite an apples and oranges comparison.

In any objective measure of performance, the GSXR will stomp that Ducati in every possible way.

On the other hand, a 1995 GSXR is just another obsolete, unnoticed Japanese sportbike. While the Ducati is, well........a Ducati!

#3 ·
My buddy has the 900SS and man that is still a bad looking bike, even though it is a few years old. It runs great. His has 19K miles on it and it still runs like new. Ducati is like having a Ferrari and even if it is not the fastest thing around it will always be one of the best looking around and will also run great for years to come.

#5 ·
Re: Definitely get the GSXR

jffielde said:
Why pay for fine steak if you truly prefer hamburger?

He is richest who has the cheapest treasures.
This is great. He's right - if you truly prefer the looks of the GSXR, then the choice is simple although the Ducati will probably have better handling than the Suzuki and maybe better midrange torque but overall HP won't be there.

I'd go for the Ducati, but I'm biased...

#6 ·
I went from a GSXR to my '99 900SS. I didn't buy the duc for speed, that is for sure. I bought it because I have always wanted a Ducati. It looks good, sounds great (Remus exhaust and chip), and runs even better. I have found my style of riding. I came to grips that there will always be a faster bike. Now, I ride a beautiful piece of machinery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.