How about a 2005 RSV1000R ? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

How about a 2005 RSV1000R ?

Is the 2005 RSV 1000R difficult to learn to ride if the proper beginner classes and track classes are taken?

I do have experience riding dirt bike, but I really want an RSV and will take what ever classes necessary to learn to respect it and ride it effectively.

Thanks,

manderso
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 09:49 AM
Ice

That bike is not something you want to learn with, that is if you even could. If you took it to the track I'd wager it would be totaled the first session. I would recommend a ninja 500 to learn with. Maybe a sv650. It'll make you a much better rider and then you can try and thrash a Mille R. Rossi didn't start with the 500cc GP bikes he started with the smallest, the 125cc.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 07:36 AM

I tend to concur with Ice. While the dirt riding experience is valuable and will help you with your street riding, I would spend some time on a less aggressively styled bike than a pure sportbike. Like all of the latest sportbikes the RSVR does have a very aggressive riding posture. It has a TALL 1st gear (unless modified), a long reach to low clipons, and high rearsets. None of these traits are too tough to deal with, but if it is your first street bike, it will likely frustrate you and could take away some of the fun of owning one. The RSVR's have very tractable power (smooth), lots of torque and are really easy to ride FAST. I love mine and one of the most rewarding experiences I've had with it is taking it to the track, which I plan to do more of. That's where it really shines. I think spending some time on the street prior to getting the Aprilia is a very good idea. A good option may be an SV 650 which will give you a feel for the vtwin power. A little less aggressive seating position (easier in traffic to learn on) and moderate power delivery. Keep your eye on the Aprilia and Good Luck

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 04:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to RVFR
Just fell in love with a new ride, love those lines. Finally some one heard me. Way to go Aprilia. Is it as good a road, backroads that is bike as it is on the track? Can't find a road test of this model. how's it compare say to the RC51?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 05:39 AM

It's fine on the highway and excellent on the backroads (twisties). It's a pretty aggressive seating position so slow street work can be tedious but overall it's fine. Never ridden an RC51 so I cannot compare it. Ergos are similar and I expect power delivery is close to the same. If I was not able to have the Aprilia, I would probably have picked up an RC51.

I may be old but boy am I slow.....
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 04:19 AM

I think you can get a good comparison on Sportrider.com they did a article that is prett good.

Monsterdog I likey your choices of bikes. my current stable 98 st2 and 04 rsv

Just an overall note. much of how fast a bike is depends on the guy sitting on top. I ride with a guy that on his 500ex (he wrecked the other bike) will blow me away in the twisties, and I don't consider myself a slow rider by any means.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trackday.jpg (49.8 KB, 122 views)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 08:03 AM

Thats sweet, just found a 04 factory, going to go check it out. fingers crossed it is what I'm hoping for, as in ride quality and though it's black I was looking for a red one, the price is right.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RVFR
Thats sweet, just found a 04 factory, going to go check it out. fingers crossed it is what I'm hoping for, as in ride quality and though it's black I was looking for a red one, the price is right.
Even though Red is the fastest Factories only come in black
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:56 PM

Yes Red is fast I have to agree, Well thats not fair, as I just found the 06 Rsr125 comes in a mean looking white and heard that it may be available for the RSVR too. Then of all things Found the Nera version now thats hot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode