Philip Island Ride Day. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Philip Island Ride Day.

Had a great day at Philip Island race track last thursday and took the Edwards for it first run on any track, stripped it right down the night before just to be on the safe side.

For the first half of the day just couldn't get in sync kept hitting the limiter missing apexes braking points ect very different to my ZX9R in every respect, terminal speed down the main straight was more the 50kmh difference ( slower ).

As the day wore on it all started to fall into place, braking on this bike is incredible stability and turn in amazing, the harder you push it the better it goes feels rock solid and with the race shift pattern definately easier when cranked over.

Their was a professional photographer their and he took some shots so these are attached, all in all a great day amazed at the fuel consumption nearly 50 litres for 300kms! but well worth it.

Safe Rides.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic1.jpg (191.7 KB, 93 views)

Green 00 9R Full Ti akropovic system,Ohlins suspension,Factory jet kit/Advancer, Fren turbo lines,Carbon Pan & Hugger, MRA Smoked screen, Full Head Port & Flow, Cams Dialed, Comp Raised, BMC Filter, Aprilia RSV-R Edwards Replica rear sets race shift nothing else needed.
If its big and Green or Black is't sure to be mean! Green ZX10R FP Special build with the lot a work in progress!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Pic 2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic2.jpg (198.9 KB, 87 views)

Green 00 9R Full Ti akropovic system,Ohlins suspension,Factory jet kit/Advancer, Fren turbo lines,Carbon Pan & Hugger, MRA Smoked screen, Full Head Port & Flow, Cams Dialed, Comp Raised, BMC Filter, Aprilia RSV-R Edwards Replica rear sets race shift nothing else needed.
If its big and Green or Black is't sure to be mean! Green ZX10R FP Special build with the lot a work in progress!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Pic 3 hope this is the right way to do this, couldn't find any other way unless I linked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic3.jpg (217.5 KB, 85 views)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 02:54 AM

50km slower? Hope you fixed that by the end of your day!!! Nice ride, sweet (but large) pics. Those trackside photographers really make us look good sometimes! They let you ride on the track without taping up your headlight?...strange.

Silly squid...specs are for kids!

I prefer 4 strokes over 2 strokes...you get 2 extra strokes!!!

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds -Einstein
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Rick,
the speed difference is due to a 40+ hp difference at the rear wheel the 9R is a very quick bike even with different pilots on board. With regards to the headlight not being taped the bike was scrutineered and to them this was not a problem, ever tried to break a Polycarbonate headlight? I have seen taped lights melt in the past or glass ones crack as a result and disconnecting the power can cause problems on some bikes.
I see your avitar is of the famous flameout incident, I spoke to Colin about this ( you should see the scars) imagine having to bailout at 230+kmh melted his leathers lucky not to be seriously hurt.
I am also lucky the photographer knows his way around Photoshop to make me look that good ( just joking ).

Great Day hope to do it again soon!

Safe Rides.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry
Rick,
the speed difference is due to a 40+ hp difference at the rear wheel the 9R is a very quick bike even with different pilots on board. With regards to the headlight not being taped the bike was scrutineered and to them this was not a problem, ever tried to break a Polycarbonate headlight? I have seen taped lights melt in the past or glass ones crack as a result and disconnecting the power can cause problems on some bikes.
I see your avitar is of the famous flameout incident, I spoke to Colin about this ( you should see the scars) imagine having to bailout at 230+kmh melted his leathers lucky not to be seriously hurt.
I am also lucky the photographer knows his way around Photoshop to make me look that good ( just joking ).

Great Day hope to do it again soon!

Safe Rides.
No worrys, Garry. Just bustin' your chops about the speed and the glass! Hope you're enjoying the Mille. I'm trying to swing a deal with my dealer for a new '04 Factory!! ...and NO, I can't imagine having to bail out at that speed and walk away! Keep the shiny side up!

Silly squid...specs are for kids!

I prefer 4 strokes over 2 strokes...you get 2 extra strokes!!!

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds -Einstein
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 01:21 PM

Sweet bike

Thats a kick ass bike you have there Garry, glad to see you kept it upright, there wouldnt be to many Edward reps in your neck of the woods would there?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Max,
great to hear from you, No just two in Vic its a great bike in many ways but I am in the middle of upgrading certain items on the bike more to my liking.

The bike is currently stripped and all fairings clear coated sealing all the decals, fitted a Race air box, 57mm SP billet trumpets, Fuel pressure reg, CF clutch pack, Billet clutch slave, Volt ing system + wires, Irid plugs and USB power commander + setup to come.

I am still waiting for my WSB spec rear sets and RP shift to arrive from voltamoto as they are making a special gear lever to clear the exhaust on the left I will post an updated photo when it is all together.

Have a safe New Year.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Max,
great to hear from you, No just two in Vic its a great bike in many ways but I am in the middle of upgrading certain items on the bike more to my liking.

The bike is currently stripped and all fairings clear coated sealing all the decals, fitted a Race air box, 57mm SP billet trumpets, Fuel pressure reg, CF clutch pack, Billet clutch slave, Volt ing system + wires, Irid plugs and USB power commander + setup to come.

I am still waiting for my WSB spec rear sets and RP shift to arrive from voltamoto as they are making a special gear lever to clear the exhaust on the left I will post an updated photo when it is all together.

Have a safe New Year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode