Anybody own a Futura - Got a problem - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Anybody own a Futura - Got a problem

I just bought an 01 Futura. Runs great, however the high beam has a mind of its own. Sometimes it works and sometimes it decides not to. I drive about 25 miles to work in the morning and switching to high beams has been some excitement (sometimes it works). When they work, it is great. no problem with low beam.

I plan on cleaning the contacts on the switchgear and checking the fuses real close.

Any other suggestions? Anybody else have this problem?

The bike is running 02 codes, dual D&D exhaust, K&N, with Diablos, throttlemeister, 12 volt power supply, etc. Bike runs great except for the high beam candle power!

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 09:49 AM

Sorry for the delayed posting.

My first guess is what you plan to do. It sounds like a bad contact. You can also check the contacts on the lamp assembly itself. You might check www.apriliaforum.com for some details on the switch gear and a cool modification therein.

Great bike that get's better as the miles pile on. To truly enjoy this bike, you NEED to get the new H pipe from AF1 racing in Austin. It rocks and the sound is glorious!

Our greatest challenge in life is living up to our own potential.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Futura high beam seems to be fixed

I took the left side switch gear apart and sprayed some wd-40 inside. Checked everything over and couldn't find anything wrong exactly. Since I did that, I have not had the high beam check out since.

I checked out the website you mentioned and many others prior to buying the Futura. After using the bags every day (only owned it since the 20th of Sept.), I won't go without on my daily driver. I'll have racked up 1,000 miles by next week!

The new mille looks beautiful finally (I wasn't sold on the 1st version's looks).

The little rod between my luggage fell off somewhere, so I am working on "CNC"ing a new one from billet nylon 6/6 that will work better. I'll let you know how it comes out. Also, thumb screws should be used on the plastic caps to get at the oil filler neck! I'm switching to SS thumb screws.

I attached a poor picture of the bike (my custom shadow is in the background)

Later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nick soccer & aprilia 003.jpg (123.8 KB, 70 views)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 07:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
aprilias have a reputation for weak batteries. maybe that's the problem. i doubt it, but maybe...

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode