New RSV-R 03 Model - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

03 RSV-R

WOW ! I am impressed as the response from you Guy's Lot's of Great information just what I was looking for, real world information. I know what you all mean about the bike being Just that little bit different and this is the appeal as good as the Jap bikes are, I have seen the supposed 04 RSV photos before spoken to the Australian agent and he swears Aprilia have nothing in the pipeline that they know about.

I have been offered a deal on an 02 RSV-R but really want the new model with the Radial Brakes and all the other options, I have heard that to extract big HP from one of these is to fiddle with the reliability and if you thrash it expect to lose an engine!

The true Haga bike is a totally different animal it uses the SP Motor and trick frame ect, if I option the race kit heads and cam setup I still retain my warranty and if I fit a Motech Computer with some serious Dyno time with the exhaust you can really dial in the setup.

I agree with the comment on the Aprilia cans they look weird with the small outlets I will ask the guy that works on my bike now what the go is as I will probably get him to flow the kit heads for me prior to fitting to see how good they are or if he can improve them by porting as he also sells Akro systems as well.

i have heard that Arrow make larger primary pipes for the RSV that connect to the Akro cans for even more HP so I might look into this closer, could you post some more information or a link on the Renegade Air Box system I would lke to look into this also.

Thanks for all your input and comments I will surely keep you informed of what I eventually decide to do!

Keep it Safe!

See you in the Soup and we will have a PEE together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 04:38 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
wow, in the u.s., our haga kit is an r-model with stickers and id plate and about $1500 tacked on (and the akro's).

i heard that tigcraft exhausts work well with it as well as the leo vince race-only exhaust (but that deletes the side-stand).

here's the blackman's thing i told you about before-- http://www.psndealer.com/blackmans/c...e=3415&Second=

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

03 RSV-R

Well the new Model has arrived and I must say looks far better in the flesh than the 02 model with the Gloss black tank and Satin black frame, the Radial brakes and front forks look a treat with a great many changes to the bike as a whole that are very subtle just fine tuning.

I tackled the Importer over the roumers of a major model change for the the Mille and he flatly denies any change for minimum 18 months and all the rumours relate to the Mythical "Marlin" project that has been canned.

I have looked into the parts available and have been advised as follows, their is no advantage in the Kit heads over porting the standard units correctly, if you install the kit cams NO Warranty so I intend to fit the exhaust system ( thanks for the TigCraft info ) Port the heads spend some money on having the ecu & injection correctly mapped and suspension professionally setup then go from their.

Looking at this bike compared to the Benelli tre limited at $65K for me it is no contest the Mille wins hands down, now we just have to settle on the final price and delivery, I will get a photo and post if you haven't seen one in the flesh yet!

Safe Rides!

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

03 RSV-R

Well the new Model has arrived and I must say looks far better in the flesh than the 02 model with the Gloss black tank and Satin black frame, the Radial brakes and front forks look a treat with a great many changes to the bike as a whole that are very subtle just fine tuning.

I tackled the Importer over the roumers of a major model change for the the Mille and he flatly denies any change for minimum 18 months and all the rumours relate to the Mythical "Marlin" project that has been canned.

I have looked into the parts available and have been advised as follows, their is no advantage in the Kit heads over porting the standard units correctly, if you install the kit cams NO Warranty so I intend to fit the exhaust system ( thanks for the TigCraft info ) Port the heads spend some money on having the ecu & injection correctly mapped and suspension professionally setup then go from their.

Looking at this bike compared to the Benelli tre limited at $65K for me it is no contest the Mille wins hands down, now we just have to settle on the final price and delivery, I will get a photo and post if you haven't seen one in the flesh yet!

Safe Rides!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 03:57 PM

I know you're in Melbourne, but if you want a good price to pit your dealer against, try Sunstate in Maroochydore.
They are easily the most aggressive dealer in QLD. They also had the Haga replica last time I was there, and they ship anywhere...Or I could ride it down to you
Sunstate
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

In Your Dreams ! thanks for the info though, funny how things turnout I went down to discuss things with the dealer today and just dropped in to the shop up the road and guess what was sitting in the show room? A spanking new 999S must admit in the flesh the bike looks totally different, talked to the guys and scored my self a ride for a sunday in two weeks on both a 999 and 749S.

I must admit I never really considered the Duc as an option due to reports of hidious servicing costs and all the rest but if I didn't take up this chance to test it how will I know, I might be surprised, Simular spec Ohlins all round ect so nothing to loose.

But not sure I could change to be such a stuckup Prick for a Duc !

I will let you know what I think.

Safe Rides.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Finally bit the bullet!

Well resisted the urge to buy the 03 RSV-R and just as well! a new limited edition "Edwards Replica" is to be released in May so I have put my money on one of these. Only limited information available to date but suppoed to be in GP Cube colors with more HP, larger throttle bodies, bigger intake valves Twin TI Exhaust system and a host of other Goodies!

I have been told only 5-10 will be allocated to Australia ( 150 world wide ) still only have limited spec information to date, I will keep hounding the dealer for information and a photo if possible and post.

Really looking forward to May at the moment even if it is coming to the end of our riding season, but hey isn't that what Wets are for Undecided what to do with my 9R everytime I ride it I wonder why change it ! Looks like a track bike in the making won't take much, will now have to take them both on ride days just to keep it even.

Any one know why this system sometimes double posts?

Safe Rides!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode