Aprilia RSV as sport tourer? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Honda919Rider
Aprilia RSV as sport tourer?

My 919 rocks for tooling around town and short blasts up the highway, but as a long-distance rocketship it just comes up short. The RSV just seems so perfect for what my 919 lacks: an ample fairing!!! Of course these bikes are two different animals. How do you people rate your RSV's for highway riding? Good ergos? Appropriate gearing? Wind blast over faring? How does it stand up to a sudden gust of wind? Man I want this thing!

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers, and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls... Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked in a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can." HST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 11:29 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
the best part about the aprilia, is you don't have to take anyone's word for anything about the mille. just look up your local dealer and arrange a test ride. or, you can rent one for a track day (see www.teampromotion.com).

i never rode one on the highway. i rode a futura on the highway and in the twisties. i loved it. a little too comfy for me in the twisties, but on the highway....YUM!!!

i only rode the mille in the twisties. it was an r model. i loved it.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 05:53 AM

Talking

I put Heli Bars on my Mille. Now its awesome for my commute. Its still not as upright as your honda (which has an actual handlebar..right?) but its about as comfy as any sportbike can be, and still be a sportbike!

Silly squid...specs are for kids!

I prefer 4 strokes over 2 strokes...you get 2 extra strokes!!!

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds -Einstein

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 11:19 AM

Ditto on Heli-bars, they will greatly improve your comfort for long tours. There's a Mille owner in Ohio that reported a 3,000 tour with no problems and great comfort. Before buying my Futura, I very nearly went with the Mille, intending to upgrade the ergos. After a lap on the Futura, I was sold!

In any event, the Mille would be great for long haul riding, provided you tinker with the ergos. If you want to consider a Futura, there are some very good deals to be had right now on them!

Our greatest challenge in life is living up to our own potential.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tahoe
Ditto on Heli-bars, they will greatly improve your comfort for long tours. There's a Mille owner in Ohio that reported a 3,000 tour with no problems and great comfort. Before buying my Futura, I very nearly went with the Mille, intending to upgrade the ergos. After a lap on the Futura, I was sold!

In any event, the Mille would be great for long haul riding, provided you tinker with the ergos. If you want to consider a Futura, there are some very good deals to be had right now on them!
and they look awesome with the staintune slip-ons.

Tony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 03:11 PM

Tony posted the ultimate invitation to post a picture

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tahoe
Tony posted the ultimate invitation to post a picture
they do look great. glad i could open that door.

Tony

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 12:58 PM

**sigh**

And the Falco is once again the ($3000 cheaper, a shock away from greatness) wallflower...

Suits me fine, though...

Scott

It is one of the essential features of incompetence that the person so afflicted is incapable of knowing that he is incompetent. To have such knowledge would already be to remedy a good portion of the offense.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 01:18 PM

Oh No!

The Falco is a rorty good bike!

Scotty makes a good point. The Falco has the same motor, brakes and suspenders as the others, tuned for hooliganism. You also get an additional $3000 or so savings. I think you can find new Falco's for about $8K and I know you can pick up new Futura's for about $10K. Shop around and a near new Mille R will run below $14K, standard Mille about $10K

Happy Trails

Nice photo Scott!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode