rs 50 accel... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

rs 50 accel...

ok ive heard all of this about how the rs 50 is capable of 50-70 mph or whatever.. ive been really interested in getting a smaller bike too
but how quick is it?
and what are some other similar bikes that are available in the US.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 07:38 PM

good question. I would like to know as well. They have a site called www.apriliaforum.com Go there and go to the shop and select the rs50 They have big bore kits to make it 75cc's I am planning on doing this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 10:39 AM

a girl i know bought one of those. ive ridden it numerous times and really wanted to like it but it is so slow it almost isnt fun to ride. youve really got to wring it out to get moving at a fair clip. from a stop light youll be shifting to 4th before youre across the intersection. the top speed i could get out of it was 53mph and im 165lbs. i did drag race her on my wife's yamaha vino (stock), even though the vino tops out in the low 40s it spanked the rs50 off the line so bad that it took quite a while to catch up and go by (a mile or so) they thought the bike was cool till it got smoked by a scooter, and i had no intention of belittling their bike (they were the ones laughing at me for riding the wife's scoot to work and challenged me to the race). that embarrassed them so bad that they are trading it in to get her another bike. dont think im just dogging the rs, i really want to like it but for $3500 its a gyp. for the same cash you can get an mz sm125 and really have some fun.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 04:00 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i think aprilia's sr50 scooter is a lot more fun. imo.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 11:13 AM

ill ditto that sr statement, once the perfomance stuff for the ditech are released thatll be a bad little rig.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 09:34 AM

RS 50

I really like the concept and look of the RS 50. But for $3500, it has to be absolutely the WORST deal in all of motorcyclingdom. If they could sell it for $1999 or less, MAYBE it would merit some consideration.

$3500 will buy an infinite variety of mint condition, usable-in-the-real-world, used bikes. If shopping new, a Ninja 250 would absolutely thrash the RS 50, be more useful in every conceivable way, and cost $500 less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode