00' Mille exhaust - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Question 00' Mille exhaust

I know...there are as many opinions about which exhaust as there are members. Having said that...I need some opinions. I'm looking for a pipe/chip/airbox set up for the '00 Mille. I was all ready to go with the renegade, but I'm not crazy about having to repack every 5K miles. My main concern is increasing HP (duh!), but I don't want an obnoxiously loud sound. This is a street bike set-up (95% of the time). Thanks...Rick

Silly squid...specs are for kids!

I prefer 4 strokes over 2 strokes...you get 2 extra strokes!!!

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds -Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 11:17 AM

A buddy of mine has the same bike, and is running the RSC Ti shotguns with a BB Power EPROM. He said the bike is MUCH improved from a drivability perspective, and I can tell you for sure that those pipes sound SWEET!

I have a set of LeoVinci's on my Falco that I'm using with the Renegade airkit and a FactoryPro EPROM. HIGHLY recommended combination!

Scott

It is one of the essential features of incompetence that the person so afflicted is incapable of knowing that he is incompetent. To have such knowledge would already be to remedy a good portion of the offense.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

hey Scott, thanks for the reply. How do you like the sound of the LeoVinces?

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds -Einstein

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 06:18 AM

They sound GREAT!!!

Not quite as deep as Termis on a Duc, and MUCH angrier sounding on top. I'm VERY, VERY happy with them.

I could never call them "quiet," though they're not anywhere near as obnoxious as most of the Hardleys around here. They've held up very well over the last 2 years, with only a few stains to show for it. They're due for a repack, though: A couple weeks ago I went by a parked SUV at 250MPH, and set off it's alarm.

Click on the link to my photo album: There's a dyno chart in there showing stock, pipe/chip, and pipe/chip/airbox curves. All on the same Dynojet 150, by the same operator. The all stock curve was taken about a year before the others, but the pipe/chip and pipe/chip/airkit runs were done within an hour of each other. We actually did the mod with the bike still sitting on the dyno, so it's a true before/after deal.

Oh yeah - the guys at Evoluzione Motorsports did a big pipe comparison, and found that the stock headers on the RSV are actually pretty good: Spending the extra cash on a full system doesn't gain you as much as you might think, though should still be necessary if you plan on doing head work.

Hope that helps!

Scott

It is one of the essential features of incompetence that the person so afflicted is incapable of knowing that he is incompetent. To have such knowledge would already be to remedy a good portion of the offense.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

i hope that's a typo....250mph...whew, that is one fast bike you got there!!!! thanks for the help ...Rick

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 02:36 PM

The Desmo Ducati MotoGP bike has the record @ 206 & your mille did 250

South Central Race Center
Dunlop, Bridgestone & VP Fuel
www.scracecenter.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode