Futura Aftermarket Exhaust - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Rigbiger
Futura Aftermarket Exhaust

Does anyone out there have any first hand experience with an after market exhaust setup for the Futura? The main issue seems to be what happens to the rear support bracket for the hard bags. There isn't a whole lot of room under the seat for everything that winds up being there. I've seen installations where the bracket has been eliminated; but I would like to retain the support if possible.
Exhaust cannisters that have a louder than stock sound; with out being obnoxiously noisy would be preferred.

Tim D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 11:50 AM

A colleague at work has one with an aftermarket system or perhaps just cans. Anyway, I have asked for info. It sounds nice and mellow and I'm certain the bags still attach. More to follow...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 11:58 AM

His reply:

I can highly recommend my setup, which is very popular amongst the Futura owners. I have Staintune exhaust slip-ons and de-restricted the air box. The sound is absolutely perfect. You won’t want to put the baffles in the tail end. Once again, the sound is perfect and the performance is excellent. Visit this site <http://pub165.ezboard.com/fapriliaforumfrm15> and look for the exhaust discussions, but if you own a Futura, you’ll spend a lot of time reading many of the discussions.

Good luck
Neil

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 11:10 AM

Staintune

Tim,

Staintune and a setup from South Bay truimph are what I''ve heard of. Try posting up at http://www.apriliaforum.com The Futura group there is pretty active.

Scott

It is one of the essential features of incompetence that the person so afflicted is incapable of knowing that he is incompetent. To have such knowledge would already be to remedy a good portion of the offense.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 12:10 PM

Ditto on the other points to indepth discussions. There's basically 3 choices at this point: South Bay's custom system, Staintunes and the MotoPsyco set up.

I went with the Staintunes and love them. The fit was simply perfect and my install took 2 hours at a liesurely pace accompanied by a Guinness. I removed the silencer plugs (suppositories) and she runs like a charm. Not too loud, but MUCH better than the Kirby Vacuum cleaner sound from the stock can.

Looks pretty spiffy too:

Our greatest challenge in life is living up to our own potential.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode