Information on that hot lil futura?!!!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to kismet_710 Send a message via Yahoo to kismet_710
Information on that hot lil futura?!!!!!!

I need all the info on you futura riders on how well it handles and how easy it is to ride it and so forth and so forth. I am thinking about getting this bike(always has been my dream bike)!!! But I have never ridden the bike before and need a lil info on it. I mainly want it because well the obvious, it looks good, it has everything I want in a sport tourer, a nice seating position, and darn it the bike is just awesome. I much appreciate it!

God Bless,
Jeremy

I don't mean to be rude, but your tires are showing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 11:10 AM

Futura

It's Aprilia policy to allow licenced riders to take test rides. Why don't you call a dealer and find out for yourself???

Scott

It is one of the essential features of incompetence that the person so afflicted is incapable of knowing that he is incompetent. To have such knowledge would already be to remedy a good portion of the offense.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

I don't think their ploicy include un ejumucatid 15 year old un licensed teenagers to ride bikes. lol I wouldn't be getting this bike for a loong time just wanted peoples opinions on it.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 01:27 PM

Do you have any subscriptions yet, get Motorcyclist or Cycle World. If you can't buy them, go to the library (call first to see if they get them but most do). The library is a great place to do research on older bikes too as you can find the articles from when they were new.

Repeal helmet laws, they only protect people we most likely don't need in the gene pool any way!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

huh???

I am not a "newbie".

I spend alot of my time reading about bikes. I know the specs and all that on the futura I just want to know how you guys who ride it everyday feel about the bike in your own personal opinion. I apologise if it sounds that I am upset about your comment. The library is a crumby place for bike mags I only saw one at our library, and oh yeah, they don't carry guns n ammo . Anyways I just thought I'd get some comments out of people who actually ride them. Guess I shoulda posted this on the ducati page, or better yet honda or kawasaki and woulda got the same answer.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 08:20 AM

Futura

Kismet - Sorry for the disappointment... Not many Aprilia owners hang out here, as I'm sure you've already guessed. I own/ride a Falco and have ridden a couple Mille's as well. I haven't spent any significant time on a Futura (just a half hour), but I'll give it a shot -

It's very smooth and comfortable - More comfy than my old (97) VFR, and it has more/better power. In stock form it feels a little heavier to steer than my old VFR, MUCH more effort than my (admittedly revamped) Falco. GREAT place to spend a 500 mile day on the backroads!

There are a couple locations where Futura owners hang out:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/futuraforum/

http://www.apriliaforum.com/ The Futura forum there is http://pub49.ezboard.com/fapriliaforumfrm15

Hope that helps.

Scott

It is one of the essential features of incompetence that the person so afflicted is incapable of knowing that he is incompetent. To have such knowledge would already be to remedy a good portion of the offense.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

thank you, that was exactly what I was lookin for. If I get this bike(I ope I do), and I ride it tons and tons to get better with it, I am going to clifornia to see some friends with it . Of course it will be around 3000 mile trip but gotta live sometime right?

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 10:26 AM

Speaking of 3K trip - I did a 2600 miler from NJ to Deal's Gap and back last Sept on the Falco - Highway the first day - nice ride on the ferry into MD, seafood lunch, eye-opening blitz around DC... Picked up the Blue Ridge Parkway in VA and rode that for 2 days all the way to the Gap.

The Falco performed wonderfully - especially on the twistier bits, but IMHO a Futura would have saved me some stiffness and performed nearly as well. Especially considering that we had our "reasonable and prudent" hats on 'cause we couldn't afford to toss any bikes away.

24,000 miles and so far the bike's been nearly bulletproof.

Scott

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 10:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rigbiger
Thumbs up

I have owned my Futura since January; and have put over 2000 miles on it. It is probably the best all around bike I have owned in almost 40 years of riding. It spoils you with how well it does everything it was intended to do. I wanted a Futura from the first day I saw the prototype, and finally gave in and bought a leftover 2001 Demo ( saved quite a few bucks).

I'm actually to the point where I am selling off the rest of the bikes in my stable, because all I want to do is ride the Futura.

Great engineering, great ride, awesome appearance. People who don't even ride stop to stare at it. (I have the Flame Red color-sort of glows in the dark.)

Two minor problems; a blemish in the paint that I may have caused when I removed some of the safety stickers, and a mirror that came loose from its backing plate. Some body moulding cement cured that.

I have a ten day vacation ride on the Futura coming up in June.
I can't wait.

Tim D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode