rs50 Moped w/ tranny? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Question rs50 Moped w/ tranny?

I was looking at a buyers guide and saw the rs50. At 197lbs. and with a $3500 price tag it looks like it could be a blast. But would 50cc get old fast? Is it just a moped W/ a tranny? Insurance should be dirt ceap. Anyone ever ride one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 07:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to old squid
RS50

nocoolname,

Never rode one - I'm way too big. I do recall seeing one tested, I think it was in one of the Brit magazines. It's a two-stroke, 6-speed transmission so you can more effectively cane it. It handled well, but naturally you gotta wind the piss out of it, all the time. It does look pretty cool.

I think it would be a fun toy for a jockey-sized 17-year old, or somebody with extra income to dispose of on a little bike to play around on. But you wonder, at the low end of the sportbike spectrum, why would anyone seriously take it over the Ninja 250 ?

Steve
----------
2002 Subaru WRX Sedan
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 06:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to kismet_710 Send a message via Yahoo to kismet_710
because it is the foundation of beginners sport riding. You gotta think, alot of young ones and especialy me think the 250 is butt ugly. We want something sporty but something easy to start on, and well, this is the best thing out there right now. It has a 32 inch seat. A true sportbike. It looks good. And I could always upgrade it to a 75cc bike without switching bikes and gain more experience with a lil more power then move up to maybe a sv650s after riding for a year or so.

I don't mean to be rude, but your tires are showing!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 02:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to kismet_710 Send a message via Yahoo to kismet_710
the only 75cc kit I have seen is a top performance kit. The bike stock has about 6hp. That equals about 60 mph top speed. You can get it to triple digits, but it will take about 2500 bucks. I myself am doing this. I don't have the bike yet but it will be fun. The bike feels really light. No it is not a scooter. It is a sportbike with a lower sized engine. Here are the mods I am doing.

1.Malossi MHR 70cc kit with head.
2.Race crank.
3.Inner rotor ignition.
4.24mm carb.
5.close ratio gearbox.
6.clutch kit.
7.different ratio sprockets.
8.Polished and ported cylinder.
9.Race exhaust.
10.New steel braided lines.
11.new brake pads.
12.Adjustable rear shock.

and probably more. The bike is cheap. The guy at barney's of st. pete where I live said he could sell me one for 3200. The bike will most deff do triple digits. It will be alot to maintain but that's the fun part. Doing something you have a passion for. If you want it just to begin on or have a bike to have fun on, the bike is great for it. It won't do more than 110 with all the mods I have said, but when your starting out, why would you need anymore.
Oh the hp after mods will be 20. A huuuuge gain. I am hoping also I can fit a gsx-r speedo and tach. Then if it's possible I will add a cycle mirror cam to it with their 4 inch screen. And will leave the mirrors on for looks. And possibly a new paint job. I know it's alot for a 50 cc bike, but it will be a one of a kind. And will still beat cars!!!

I don't mean to be rude, but your tires are showing!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 08:42 PM

Hey guys whats up, i know this is off topic but i need help finding a bike. i am 15 and only have a learners permit, but in the state of georgia you can drive a bike(moped) at my age that has 50cc engine and has no clutch. when i told my dad about this law he said that if i could find a good bike ($2000-$6000) he would buy me one. so i have been looking for a moped that looks like a sportbike and is the size of a full motorcyle. if you know any bikes like this could you send me a link or tell me the name of the bike. thanks guys.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawasakiDude View Post
Hey guys whats up, i know this is off topic but i need help finding a bike. i am 15 and only have a learners permit, but in the state of georgia you can drive a bike(moped) at my age that has 50cc engine and has no clutch. when i told my dad about this law he said that if i could find a good bike ($2000-$6000) he would buy me one. so i have been looking for a moped that looks like a sportbike and is the size of a full motorcyle. if you know any bikes like this could you send me a link or tell me the name of the bike. thanks guys.
X-treme Scooters Xm-5000li Lithium Powered Electric Moped Motorcycle , u will find the Complete Details about X-treme Scooters on net. its price is US $ 2,000 - 6,000.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode