question for falco owners - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2002, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

question for falco owners

hi guys. went to check out the new 954s and there beside them is an 01 falco. i've always wanted a falco, but i can't make my mind up about going to a twin. current gixxer owner. and, the trunk is a big decision maker for me. the 954s trunk is vary easy to access, with the key location, and how it pops up. you dont need 2 hands to open it. so, has anyone looked into moifying the falcos trunk to make it like the 954s? and why should i go to a twin from an inline? help me out here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2002, 08:58 AM

Hmm. I can't say that I even considered the trunk in my decision to purchase the Falco. As far as the "trunk" space goes, it has plenty (for a bike), is easy to access, and can be opened one handed. I never gave any thought to modifying it, and probably wouldn't start cutting plastic and metal without good reason. Do you mind if I ask why you want to modify it? I certainly wouldn't base my decision to buy on that???

As far as why you should go from an in-line4 to a twin, I'd suggest riding one and feeling the difference for yourself. Personally, I love the twin (torquey feel, strong mid-range, etc...) and until in line technology changes in some form, I won't even consider going back.

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2002, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

thanks for replying stake. the falco is like my gixxer, you use one hand to turn the key, and the other to pull the lid off. then you have to hold the lid while i get my junk out, or set my helmet down while i put junk in before i get on. you only have to turn the key on the 954, and the lid pops up. i commute every day, so i always have junk in the trunk. its just a personal preference thing. makes life a little easier. i dont want to have to lay my helmet down to put stuff in the trunk.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2002, 01:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to old squid
Why not get a Gold Wing, Weezer ? Lots of trunk space.

Steve
----------
2002 Subaru WRX Sedan
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2002, 03:53 PM

weezer, listen to these men, they are wise in there falco wisdom,they switched me to the good side of the force! really , you need to ride one to see the diffrence between twins and fours, it's a whole new game on a twin, trust me I was sure nothing could be better than a triple,until I rode a falco, now I own one! p.s. triples still sound better on the pipe!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2002, 08:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to old squid
Thumbs up

Congrats on your Falco, Triple Buzz. As for the sound effects, granted the Triumph 3-cyl. sounds great.

Try a set of Renegades on your Falco though - now there is one glorious soundtrack. What a difference from stock, like a different bike. I've said it before, the bike has gone from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde.

Steve
----------
2002 Subaru WRX Sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode