I need more Falco info - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

I need more Falco info

I have got some good feed back from Stake and Old Squid, so fill me in on the shock thing, lots of chat rooms say use the mille unit. The one I rode (back to back with a mille) didn't seem to bad, I thought it just was not set up for a 210# rider. It did have all the other hop-ups done, and I felt it was easier to go fast on than the mille, that will start shit with the mille guys for sure! p.s. I found a left over 2001 for 9500.00 is that good for a aprilla?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 02:28 PM

The shock seems to be the only complaint (besides the sound that comes from the stock cans. I have to agree with this one- f-in EU restrictions). The main problem with the stock Sachs unit is that you really can't do anything with it. It is adjustable for pre-load and rebound. The unit off the Mille will fit, but the change of choice is the Penske, for about $750- adjustable for compression, rebound, pre-load, and ride height (the Ohlins costs right about the same but doesn't have the ride height adjustment, nor the availability of parts and service). Personally, if I could get a good price on a mille unit, I'd take it over shelling out the bucks for a Penske. The most informative site I've found for info is here: http://www.geocities.com/sl_mille/ . The guy who runs it is too smart for his own good. For actual technical advice he is the pro.

About the price- Unless it is $9500 out the door, I would think you can do better on a leftover. I've seen a few on ebay in the 8's. Shop around, but for a bike that lists for over 11k I would take the 9500 if I couldn't beat it.

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode