New Falco - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to old squid
Talking New Falco

Just got my new Falco this morning.

Blue 2001 model. I am very happy with this bike. My SV was fine, but this bike feels like stepping up to another level, very tight, everything about it feels precise. Would've liked to have gotten it with some different tires than Metzelers, but no big deal relative to my overall satisfaction with this machine.

Had the dealer de-restrict it. Those stealth cans are gonna' have to go though. I'm thinking Leo Vinci high mounts. Any potential EFI problems, running either lean or rich or just put 'em on and enjoy ?

Steve
----------
2002 Subaru WRX Sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 03:42 PM

Thumbs up

Congrats. Welcome to the club. I think there are 3 or 4 of us here riding Falco's now. I assume you had it deristricted? I can't say that I know of any problems with the Leo's and the fuel map, but you may want to consider Renegade. It seems like they have been the pipe of choice since they started producing exhausts for the Falco, and they include an eprom with it so you can be assured of the correct mapping. Speaking of eprom's, if you are considering a change I HIGHLY recommend the FactoryPro. Not only is it an awesome chip, but you get two different fuel maps.

As for the tires, I assume you have the Z3's. I actually like mine (which is not the popular concensus). Several track days, scrubbed right to the edge, and they have held up well. When this set is done I will most likely stick with Metzler and try the Sportec M1's. They got a very good write up in Roadracing World.

Good luck with her (as if you needed it)

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to old squid
Thanks, Stake.

Yeah, I asked the dealer if they had derestricted it and they said yes. Still, I will check the ECU wire and airbox restrictor this weekend when I have time. I think they may have done the former, not the latter ? - not much induction noise.

As for the Metzelers, I was thinking of the Mez4's which came stock on my SV650. Aside from good mileage, they were crap. The Mez3 looks to have the same tread pattern, but from your input, I would assume then that the Mez3 is a lot stickier compound.

Steve
----------
2002 Subaru WRX Sedan

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 04:17 PM

congrats on the bike...

the M1 sportec's are VERY good

-James
Aprilia RSV Mille R
Hawk GT
WERA/RPM #182

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WERA/RPM LW Endurance

2002 Results (endurance):
3rd in Lightweight Superbike, 10th overall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode