Got my beater ninja! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to the forum and I just wanted to tell you all about my new bike.

I just had my lime green Ninja 250 delivered that I bought from Tony's Cycles in Austin, Texas. I don't have my gear yet, so I have only gone around in circles in my driveway. This bike rocks!

This is my first bike and I'm going to use it as a learning tool. After I get sick of it, ill move up to a 600 class.

Just thought id share...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 02:35 PM

Talking

Welcome to SBW!
Congrtatulations on the purchase of you Green Machine. I strongly advise that you get that gear before you hit the street on you ride. You never know when someone will turn their truck in front of you.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 06:29 PM

Cool

Hiya!!
Welcome to the forum!!
Other important items: license(!?!),insurance,and consider the MSF course too!!
Happy riding!!

JIM

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 06:31 PM

Welcome.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 10:30 PM

Cool

Welcome to SBW!

Joe!
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 7,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium exhaust system, K&N, Jetted, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Co-owner/Administrator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by katana600
Other important items: license(!?!),insurance,and consider the MSF course too!!
Almost forgot about the license part! Do I have to take my bike in a trailer to the DPS office for the riding test? What all do they have you do?

I've taken the msf course already, so I have somewhat of a clue what I'm doing on a bike (a veteran rider would probably disagree!).
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 02:31 AM

As long as you have your learners permit, you should be able to ride alongside someone else to get to the test. I gave a friend a ride on his bike to the DMV once as well. But that was in NJ. Check what the local laws require. Good luck....

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 06:12 AM

Lightbulb

I believe according to the law you can't ride your bike to the DMV. But in real life noone cares, here you just ride your bike up there and take the written test, then they ask you if you rode your bike there, when you tell them yes they say go ride to the end of the block and back while they watch from inside. Come back and poof, got your endorsment.

Although I believe if you took the MSF then sometimes that counts as your riding test, so you only have to take the written test for a license. This might depend on the state.

I've had my bike just over a week, I am taking MSF the 25th-27th. After that I can get my license, then I can get insurance, THEN I can go pay taxes and get the bike registered. Ugh damn laws!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode