2000 Honda F4? Should I get it? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Cool

I have an opportunity to buy a 2000 Honda CBR F4, low miles, well-maintained, unlimited warranty, and never raced or ridden hard. This will be my first "serious" bike and I was wondering what the experienced riders on this website thought of this purchase. Does anybody here own, ride, or have a friend who owns or rides one? Any comments, concerns, problems, warnings, etc.??? Should I look elsewhere or buy this thing a.s.a.p. before somebody else does? I could really use some guidance here people...anything you have to say would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance,
-Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 12:28 PM
Pete

With the introduction of the new CBR600F4i in 2001, I don't think you'll have a hard time finding low-mileage 2000 models, as so many people have to have the latest and greatest. I don't think you'll find anyone here that won't tell you that the F4 is a good bike. Several of our members own F4's and as far as I know, they all love theirs (and CBR600F4gd races his). Sure, it may not have the racer's edge that the Yamaha R6 has, or the new GSXR600 or F4i, but for someone just moving up to a sportbike, it's an awesome choice. Excellent fit and finish, ergonomics, motor, tranny, Honda reliability, etc. If the price is right, you can't go wrong, IMO.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 03:00 PM

What Pete said.

Welcome.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2001, 12:52 PM

Welcome to the site!

In response to your question: I was a total rookie before I purchased my F4i a month ago (I guess 1 month of riding makes me a pro) All that I can say is I love it. Granted you wont get the fuel injection, but the bike is very similar beyond that. It IS the great starter bike that everyone says it is. Plus I can already tell you that you won't be bored with it in a month...probably ever. Don't just take my word for it though...ask around a little and then let us know what you decide.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2001, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Talking thanks guys!

Just wanted to thank those of you who took the time to dispense some great advise!!! I've decided to get the bike...hopefully I'll meet all of you on the road sometime soon!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2001, 04:51 AM

Thumbs up

I think you'll be happy with the bike! Welcome to SBW!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 01:31 AM

Whenever I hear anyone that is trying to sell a bike say "I've never thrashed it, or had it above x revs" etc, I throw that statement away. I mean it's a motorbike. They are made to be riden hard (don't get me wrong here). Taking a very close look at the bike should give you a much better indication of how they treat it ....

Never ridden the F4 myself, but anything that's better than the F3 has got to be good!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2001, 02:41 PM

I am pleased to see that you made your decision. I am sure that you won't regret it. Let us all know how it goes.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up who needs a 2000 when the 2001 is so cool?

Hey guys! Spoke too soon! Just ran into an old buddy who happens to work at a Honda dealership and, long story short, looks like I'm getting a new F4i. Yippee!!! Things are looking up!
Thanks again for all the great feedback!
Ride Safe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode