Shooting the Gap? and a question. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Question

When you guys from the south say "Shooting the Gap", are you talking about Cumberland Gap? If not then what do you mean? If so, does this require a very high skill level to just enjoy a ride through it and not trying to kill myself?

I'm following along that squids are us and cagers are them (Cars LOL). I hope I got that right, but why do we call them that and why do we go by Squids?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 06:56 AM
Pete

A "squid" is one thing that most of us do NOT aspire to be called. Search the archives for "definition of a squid" and you'll find your answer.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 08:44 AM

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 04:33 PM

Talking

Welcome to SBW!

I think we should start a Terms forum that has the definition of certain terms. ie squid, cage, poser
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by VYPIR
Welcome to SBW!

I think we should start a Terms forum that has the definition of certain terms. ie squid, cage, poser
Stuff like that is also conducive to starting new terms. Given time it will be a whole new language.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 04:42 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Power

Stuff like that is also conducive to starting new terms. Given time it will be a whole new language.
That was meant to be positive.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 11:48 AM

deals gap

I'm not sure where coumberland gap is but, deals gap is the meca of motorcyclist in the south east. 318 turns in 11 miles and the skyway that goes through the cherokee national forest to telico is almost as good. Just watch out for the MAN!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 04:29 PM

Cool

Shooting the gap refers to one of the best 11 miles of road on the east coast for a bike. Up hill and down hill twisties through the mountains. The speed limit is 45 mph and the curves are great, all 318 of them. Beware of the cars and tractor trailers that use this road as you may find one on your side around any turn. Use your head and you can have a fun and safe ride. When you get to the dam turn around and do it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode