I'm new here nad i was just owndering what ya'll think - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

Question

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this board and soon to be new to riding. I've got a great opportunity to buy a 2001 R6 Limited Edition #59 (Brand New). This is going to be my first bike and from what I've read and the people I've talked to, this is a very good bike to have for a first bike. Any opinions here?

And for you guys arguing about Yamaha Credit Card or Bank Loan, I'm going bank loan. I'm paying off my Car loan and getting another loan from the bank for the bike. As far as Insurance, State Farm quote me $549/yr with 1 wreck and 1 ticket in the last 3 yrs. I think I have 2 wrecks, but it can't go up that much, I hope lol.

I've already got about $2000 of imaginary money spent on Mods I want, so I hope you guys agree about this being a good bike. I want lots of parts from www.graphicartmotodesign.com, I have to make it my own ya know. I really didn't want to modify the bike, because I thought it would be cool to have an unmodified Limited Edition R6. But after I started looking at how cheap some of these body mods were, I was like hmm...I want to have the bad A$$ too! LMAO

Like no one has seen a L. Ed. R6 before, but as soon as I get it, the pics are going on here. As soon as I get all the good Mods purchased and well it might take time to put them on lol, but I'll have pics of those too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

Talking I know what you think...

I can't type at all. LMAO
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 08:04 AM
Pete

Quote:
Originally posted by minfinger
I know what you think...I can't type at all. LMAO
Not *exactly* what I was thinking. I was thinking that you have been talking to the wrong people about the R6 being a good first bike. I was also thinking "Why would someone pay extra for a limited edition bike only to change that which makes it a limited edition?" (Unless you plan to leave the paint and decals alone, because that and the badge are the only things that make it "limited.") And my last thought was that the $2000 worth of "imaginary money" would be better spent on proper riding gear and a rider's course.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Smile I'm going to a learning course soon :-)

I'm calling today to get into a riding course. The local Tech school does one that lasts a week, driver saftey or whatever it's called. Just so happens that the place i'm buying the bike form is the same company that gives the school the bikes for the course. That part is pretty cool and it doesn't cost that much.

Thanks for the comments...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 12:38 PM

Welcome.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 12:50 PM

Gotta keep that post count rising eh John? Do you have a bot that does auto "Welcome " replies?

How old are you? I know, I should explain, but I have to leave work right now I was very careful, very mature about it, and I had a good friend to ride with me and teach me, and keep me in check, and I started on a 97 Honda F3. It can be done.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Talking About me...

I'm 23... I've always wanted a bike, so I figured that now since i can afford one that I'd buy it
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Nance
Gotta keep that post count rising eh John? Do you have a bot that does auto "Welcome " replies?
LMAO

I guess if you are very careful the R6 would not be too much. I woud normally reccomend and EX-500 or something similar.

As far as changing your bodywork on the R6-LE.....WHY? Just get the regular R6 then buy new bodywork. Being a new rider, your more than likely going to crash anyway. But I'm no fortune/misfortune teller.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2001, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

You know I thought about that...

The only things I'm going to do is get a new Undertail and replace the front turn signals...Then maybe some Carbon Fiber.. It will still look like an R6 and not some Franken-Bike. Oh and a New Light Buld for the front... Do you have any recommendations on a Buld?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode